THIRTY SEVEN

"Baby you're a one of one to meI know that I should probably wife you upAnd baby I swear I'm done with theseOther women they don't mean shit to me"—Russ

I know that I should probably wife you up
And baby I swear I'm done with these
Other women they don't mean shit to me"
—Russ

August, Four Months Later . . .

It was hard to find something to wear these days. I mean, when you're 9 months pregnant, the options are limited. I need to find something good! Reid gently woke me up saying how he had something planned for today and to dress nice.

It's summer. I'm supposedly a senior in high school, yet I'm still on independent studies. I'm not gonna lie, some part of me really wishes I'd experienced prom, but this baby is my number one priority. Reid graduated in May, along with the Marshmallows and Oliver.

I tug at the tight material squeezing my bump. Reid and I decided to keep the gender a surprise. It's still crazy to know their is a human growing inside me, and in T-minus 2 days, will be growing in the real world. The reality is finally setting in: I'm going to be a mother!

This is useless! This fabric is irritating my abdomen, my back is killing me and I already have the urge to pee. The surprising and unwanted cramps in my belly made my abdomen cramp slightly. It kind of felt like period cramps.

I guess I have one last option. I pick up my phone and dial the one person I know will help.

"Hello? Mere? Are you hurt? Is the baby—"

"Holly! Yes, I'm fine—the baby's fine! That's not why I called."

"Oh . . . so what's up?"

I look back into the mirror and stare at my reflection. "I'm having outfit troubles."

"On my way!" Then the line cuts.

In less than five minutes, Holly bursts in my room, heaving and hunching over. With her hands placed on her knees she takes a couple deep breaths.

"I'm," deep breath, "here!" She announces.

"So I've noticed," I giggle as I hand her a water bottle and she greedily gulps down half of it.

"What did you do? Run all the way here?"

"Nope! Those stairs are a killer . . . how can you face those with that belly?"

"Reid installed an elevator!"

"Lucky bitch," Holly mumbles and we both giggle.