THIRTY FOUR

"What I am trying to say isThat love is ours to make so we should make itEverything else can waitThe time is ours to take so we should take it"—Jhené Aiko

That love is ours to make so we should make it
Everything else can wait
The time is ours to take so we should take it"
—Jhené Aiko

Confusion. That's an emotion that swarms my brain at the moment. How is he not pushing me away?

"Babygirl?"

"Hmm," I respond.

"Are you okay?" He runs his fingers down the side of my face, lowering to my neck. I close my eyes enjoy the feeling of his fingers igniting sparks under my skin.

"Yeah, it's just, why aren't you pushing me away? Reid, we're in high school for Pete's sake. You need to be more focused on that and the Mafia."

"Oh, my sweet angel," he tugs me up into the small hospital bed, with the little strength he's gained, and envelopes me in his chest. I melt into his arms. Oh, how I've missed this man so much.

"Yes, I have lots to worry about, but," he places two fingers under my chin to connect our eyes, "You and our child are my top priority. I've requested the paperwork for independent study. We can take the time off from school."

I nod and another thought leaves my lips without my consent.

"Boy or girl?"

"Huh?"

I sit up more and repeat, "do you want a boy, or a girl?"

Reid's lips twitch into a sparkling smile. "I don't have a preference of the gender, I'll be happy with what we've made."

"Me too, our boy would look exactly like you. He'll have your eyes, your nose," I thread my fingers through his locks, "your beautiful
hair—"

"Our babygirl will have your features. She'll be tiny but beyond feisty. She'll share your gorgeous honey eyes and milky skin."

There's a long silence where we're gazing into each other's eyes, absolutely no words spoken as our eyes do the talking. He's looking at me in such a way it makes me feel vulnerable and adored.

I watch him lean in before I feel his plump lips connect with mine. His tender kiss sends tingles through my whole body and I curl my toes at the missed feeling.

It's the type of kiss that says, 'I've-missed-you-so-incredibly-much-never-let-me-go.'

He pulls away too soon for my liking, but breaks the sexual tension with sweet nothings.

"I've missed you," he whispers.

"I've missed you too."

"Aw, we missed Luis too!" Luis plops down next to us on the bed. He places his hand on our intertwined fingers. Reid and I both turn our heads to glare at Luis.