Chapter-3

"I can't believe I didn’t realize he was my mate. My wolf is dumb you know," Mia said to Zia in the mirror while combing her long hair. Mia always had long hair, a stark difference to Zia who always preferred it short. A bob cut which didn’t interfere with her day to day physical activity. However, sometimes she looked at her sister and wished she had long hair too.

"I have to agree. Your wolf is the laziest bitch I have met," Zia said chewing gum and eyeing Mia with disinterest. If Mia’s wolf felt anything close to what Zia’s wolf felt she wouldn’t have kept quiet. In fact, even now Zia wolf was restless to go to her mate.

"Shut up," Mia made an angry face. "Do I look good?" Mia asked giving a swirl. She was wearing a sundress which ended just above her knee. Her long flowy hair lay on both sides of her shoulder making her look like a Barbie doll. Although they both looked exactly similar, there was nothing similar about them.

"You look beautiful," Zia said on a serious note. No matter how her wolf felt about the Jordan guy at the end of the day Zia wanted her sister to be happy and right at that moment, she looked darn happy to her.

"You only say that because we look the same," Mia said sticking out her tongue at Zia before turning to the mirror and making sure her lipstick was in place.

"You are taking a big risk, going to meet this lover boy." Zia was scared for her sister. She could get into a load of trouble if she didn’t trade cautiously. George just needed an excuse to put them in trouble. Their father wouldn’t be one bit considerate.

"Not ‘that Boy’, he's is my mate for god sake. I can’t believe I found my mate that too an Alpha." Mia's cheeks went red, her eyes glazed over. She shook her head coming to the present. "Anyways you are coming with me,"

"What the hell. Why?" Zia stood from the bed in shock.

"How you think the excuse of going to the mall will sound without you? Do you want George to come sniffing?" Mia put her hands on her hips and glared at Zia.

Zia glared back. The stare off went for a few seconds before Zia yelled. "I am not going."

Mia’s face contorted in a sad expression.

“Okay fine, I’ll go,” Zia added. She could never see her sister sad even if it costed her own sanity.

Mia was meeting with Jordan at a restaurant far from their pack property. In fact, she met all her previous boyfriend in the same spot. Zia had never felt this nervous about seeing any of Mia’s boyfriends before. This guy was different, way different.

"I am going to sit on a table at the far end of the room. I am not here you don’t see me. Okay?" Zia walked to an empty table at one of the corners. She was scared of how her wolf will react to Jordan. She needed to keep her on a check. She needed to be far away from him.

Mia took her seat near the entrance and waited for the Alpha boy.

Zia popped on the hood, crouched low on her chair and acted to be indulged in her phone.

Mia was giddy to meet Jordan. She was getting nervous jitters. He was her mate, the prospect still hard to believe. The stories she had heard from pack female about how it would feel when they meet their Mate didn’t happen to Mia. Her wolf was only interested in him because of his Alpha blood. It commanded her at a molecular level but not the kind of attraction she expected to get from a mate.

Goosebumps appeared on Zia's body, the air around her suddenly shifted. Her wolf perched up her ears in alertness, her heart thumped madly. Her eyes snapped to the door as a tall figure entered the restaurant. He eyes were as dark as the thunder clouds, his lips ripe for biting. Zia shifted in her seat feeling tingles all over her body, especially between her legs.  She held her knees in a tight grip trying not to run to him.

Jordan paused at the entrance of the restaurant, he felt his pants tighten at the subtle scent of his woman. Hid mate. He was a lucky bastard to have found her so early on. His wolf wanted a taste of her.

“Down boy,” he warned his wolf before raking his eyes through the restaurant and finding his mate sitting right beside the entrance.  

Her scent was heavier than before, so potent that it engulfed him and his wolf in a death grip. He couldn't think straight. He had never been so turned on in his life. If there was any doubt in his mind about her being his mate, it was cleared now.  

Mia waved her hand calling Jordan to her direction. He gave her an all sexy smile before walking towards her.

"Hey," He greeted sitting before her filling up the seat with his huge frame.

Had he somehow grown in the last couple of weeks? He sure did look so? Mia was having a hard time forming words.

"Hi, How are you?" Mia asked trying not to look like a creep.

“I am great, Mia. How about you?” He straightened his sleeves smiled politely at the waitress who chose that exact time to interrupt.

“What would you like to have?” the waitress asked leaning a little to low.

“Just black coffee,” Jordan said.

“Same for me with cream and sugar.”

At the far corner, Zia was still having a hard time closing her mouth. The man looked even more handsome up close than on stage. Her wolf was screaming with the word ‘mate’ in her ear like crazy.

How could he be her mate? He clearly thought Mia was his mate. She felt a pang of jealousy as Mia laughed at something he said placing her palm on top of his. There was no point in being jealous of her own sister, Zia always wanted Mia to be happy but this mate thing was messing with her brain. She forced her eyes away from the two of them and tried to distract herself by looking at her phone. But who was she kidding all her attention was towards him. Only him.

She saw Jordan take Mia's hand in his, her heart cracked a little. He was Mia's mate, she had no right to want him. She scolded her wolf. Her wolf was growing quiet, she turned her back to her. Zia hated when her wolf got angry but there was no other way, this time she couldn’t give her wolf what she wanted.

Jordan was confused, something was not right. When he took Mia’s hand s in his he expected to feel something phenomenal. Just minutes ago when he entered the restaurant his wolf was jumping with excitement to be able to meet his mate. But now his wolf retreated back, it didn’t react to the touch at all. His wolf was restless, he wanted something, needed something more. Jordan didn’t know what.

People who said meeting your mate is explosive had to be all wrong. This didn't seem explosive just a small nudge maybe. Yes, definitely more than what he had felt with other girl's he had been with but not quite enough.

He shook his head at his stupidity. He was lucky to find a mate, not many people got it. Jordan’s elder brother Mac was one lucky bastard in that regard. Jordan was going to take care of his mate no matter what.

After waiting for two hours on the edge. Feeling her heart rip out of her body every time they touched or laughed it was finally over. Zia relaxed in her seat as Jordan stood up to leave. He leaned forward taking Mia’s lip in a long kiss. For the first time, Zia longed to be kissed the same way. She wanted to be felt desired, she wanted to feel like a woman. Jordan hugged Mia the last time, placing a small kiss on her forehead. You will never have that Zia, she said to herself.

"Holy hell!" Mia sighed walking to Zia as Jordan left the restaurant. Her cheeks were flushed red, her lips plump from the kiss.

"Did you like him?" Mia asked looking expectantly at Zia. Only if she knew how much Zia liked him, to what extent. Her heart was literally exploding the whole time she was sitting at the corner.

"Yeah, lover boy is handsome," Zia joked, winking at Mia.

"I feel so happy. The happiest I have ever felt in my life. I can’t believe I will be the luna of Yoda pack. The Yoda pack!” Mia shook Zia in excitement. “ I always wanted to part of that pack. My wolf just wants to run in the wild with happiness." Mia's eyes sparkled with excitement.

Mia looked carefree. She was not the kind of girl to feel that way, it had always been Zia’s department. Zia knew then, she needed to stay away from the two of them as far as possible.