Chapter-6

Jordan was tense to say the least. Mia was leaving or more accurately fleeing her Pack today. He didn’t even realise how the three years of his life went by. Mia was exactly the kind of woman he wanted as a mate. Sweet, intelligent and serious about life. It was time for him to bring her out of Rikti Pack property. They were the worst of werewolf packs, their ways were old fashioned, there had been no change in policies since the stone age. The way women were treated in her pack made his blood boil. Not to forget, her cousin. Mia told him about George and all Jordan was to do was rip the man in two for eyeing his woman.

When Mia called Jordan to tell her about her decision he knew it was time he took some big steps towards his future. Jordan was the new alpha now after the unexpected death of his father last year. It was probably time for him to make decisions for his personal life as well.

He did not want a fight along the Packs right now if he wanted to take the daughter of the Alpha he might have to face the wrath of the Rikti pack. He did not want any of his Pack members hurt. If he had to do this he would have to do it alone. Maybe take help of Mac in case anything went wrong but that’s it.

Jordan was waiting on highway 17 for Mia. She was supposed to show up in at 10:30 at night. It was 10:45 yet there was no news of her.

"You should call her," Mac said as they sat inside their SUV.

"Yeah," Jordan was nervous, not for himself but for his mate. He called her but her phone was switched off which could be because she was trying to be discreet.

He kept his phone down and decided to wait five more minutes. Few seconds later his phone went off in his pocket with an unknown number. When he picked up the call it wasn't Mia’s frantic voice on the other side.

“Save me, Jordan.”

Before Jordan could ask her anything a male voice took over.

"You thought you could just take her away just like that?"

"Don’t you fucking touch her?" Jordan growled, sitting up straight.

"I am the future Alpha of Rikti Pack. I will do what the fuck ever I want." the man said. That fucker, Jordan thought.

"I will kill you if something happens to her." Jordan wanted to strangle the motherfucker.

"If you want her come and get her," he said. Jordan could practically feel the virile expression on the fuckers face. He knew it was a trap. Rikti pack never played fair.

Before Jordan could say anything else the phone disconnected.

Jordan looked at Mac. "We need to go in,' Jordan said searching Mac face for denial but he gave a nod and slipped out of the SUV. They swiftly changed to their wolf forms and sprinted towards the jungle in the Rikti Pack territory.

They were close to the Rikti pack house still he could not spot any guards around which only confirmed his suspicion that this was a big trap.

"It’s a trap, Mac,' Jordan said.

"Well, they messed with the wrong kind of wolves," Mac barked out sprinted into a run towards the main Pack house. They got inside breaking through one of the windows.

There were at least eighty wolves already waiting for them. They all attacked the both of them at once. Good thing they were prepared. Jordan ducked one of the wolves and took out a chunk of meat from another one. Mac’s wolf was snapping the heads of the wolves one by one by one. There was no stopping him. Jordan wasn’t far behind, years training and skill and taught him good. He alpha abilities, heightened senses gave him a leverage over others.

"They are too many," Jordan said in the middle of the chaos. The dead bodies of the wolves were piling up.As much as he wanted to show them who was the boss he didn’t like killing his kind. "We need to find Mia and get out of here."

"You find her, I'll will handle them," Mac said as his large wolf tackled three wolves together.

Jordan nodded changing into his human form and going further into the house. He followed Mia's sent to the basement. It was dark, a new smell invaded his senses, it was similar to Mia’s but headier. This part of the house was empty, Jordan guessed George had used all his force to kill them in the fort part of the house.

His eyes soon adjected to the darkness, he looked around frantically shocked to find Mia tied around her hands and legs. She was lying on her stomach bleeding profusely. Her head was twisted in an awkward angle. She wasn't moving, a dirty rag was tied around his whole face suffocating her. Jordan rushed to her took her wrist in hand and felt a jolt of energy running through his body. His heart thumbed madly, he ignored it, there wasn’t time to think about all this. He checked her vitals as he unwrapped the cloth from her head. He was getting frantic, there was something different, something he couldn’t put a finger on. He felt a pressure around his ear, he could not hear the chaos surrounding him. He was utterly blank.

As the rag came off, he stared at the woman who looked like Mia but wasn’t Mia. He sat shell shocked not able to move.

“Open my hands,” the woman begged, her eyes were wide with fear and desperation. He was almost in trans as he opened the bind around her wrist.

She opened her the ropes around her legs and dashed to the other corner of the room where a lifeless body lay on the ground.

“Mia! Mia,” the woman shook the lifeless body. “Mia wake up.” she wailed screaming for her to wake up.

Jordan walked to the body and stared at the blank eyes of his mate. Mia lay dead on the concrete floor. A large slit running across her throat. He fell down on his knees, placed a hand on her cold cheek.

“We have to take her to the doctor,” the woman who looked like Mia said, her clothes soaking with Mia’s and her own blood.

“She is dead.” his voice sounded foreign to his own ears. He hugged Mia's body giving her a last goodbye. He was late, he took too long. Inside him his wolf howled in sadness but there was something else bothering him.

Someone was talking, it was Mac. He was saying something. Jordan tried to focus on what he was saying. Mac was telling him to hurry up but Jordan’s brain refused to process anything. Mac was shouting frantically now, going crazy. He took the woman’s arms and pulled her away from the dead body. Next he grabbed hold of Jordan and pulled him out too. As they walked out of the Pack house Jordan saw some thirty wolves were lying dead on the ground. The woman looked in horror as Mac pushed the two into cars. Rick, a Pack mate had come to pick them up.

"There are hiding, waiting to attack. Hold Mia," Mac shouted pushing the woman behind JOrdan inside the car.

"She is not Mia," Jordan said too calmly for what he was feeling.

"What?" Mac asked not able to possess Jordan's words in the haste.

"She is not Mia. She is her twin sister. Mia is dead," Jordan said looking straight into his brother’s eyes. Jordan remembered the one time Mia mentioned her sister. She said she loved her sister , that if anything ever happened to her she wanted him to take care of her.

Fuck that.

How could the woman let her sister die? How could her wolf be this weak?

Mac looked in astonishment at the face of the woman who was sobbing uncontrollably. She has bruises all over her face like someone had punched her.

Mac was confused he did not know what to do. He instinctively wanted to comfort his brother but there was no time for it. Enemies were closing in on them so he did what he thought was best.

"We need to leave this place. Jordan you hearing me?" Mac asked shaking Jordan.

"Yeah," Jordan said, still in a daze.

Rick drove the car through the wild trail to Yoda territory. Mac looked at the woman at the back seat through the rare view.

"What's your name?" Mac asked.

The woman looked up at Mac and gave a weak reply, "Zia."

Mac looked at Jordan to check if he was alright. He wasn't. Mac could only imagine what it would feel like to lose a mate. He would die if he lost his. The prospect alone send him to rage.