Chapter 3: Scheming and plotting and other not very attractive things

Mal was sticking her tongue out, bitting it and frowning. Jane was devoting her eyes to the drawing on Mal's lap, which was turning out really cool, eventually letting her eyes lift to admire Mal's cute expression.

Jane was in Mal's bed, trying to flirt without really achieving it. Balancing between complaining and thanking her for the hair.

" 'If a boy doesn't see the beauty within then he is not worth it' Can you believe it?" Jane would love to add she didn't even like a boy, but she opted for ignoring that for the moment. Too straightforward for the time being.

"Yeah, bummer," Mal said without taking the eyes off her drawing. She was starting to get exasperated, Jane was annoying as fuck when she proposed to.

Jane was pouting which made her chubby cheeks enhance her childlike features.

"Mal" Evie lifted a leather dress she was making "What do you think?"

"Looks good" Mal smirked, locking eyes with her. Jane moved her head between the two of them, feeling a strange vibe coming, like an invisible cord of electricity.

"I would never get a boyfriend!" She yelped, flopping on Mal's bed.

"What do you act as if you need one!" Mal snapped, it was enough talking to Jane for years, she didn't even see why she thought it'll be a good idea "They're no good for anything"

"How would you know Mal?" Evie snorted out, mocking her. It's not like Evie had had one, but Mal got really pissed when they teased her with that, and it was funny.

Mal looked at her narrowing her eyes "It's 'cause I don't need one E" the way she said it made Evie fluster, she scrambled her sight back to the sewing machine. Pursuing her lips at the sting Mal's dragon eyes caused in her profile.

The door was open and Evie had seen the same girl pass in front of it at least four times in the last five minutes, making it impossible to her to concentrate. Until she finally peeked through the wooden frame, much to Evie's relief.

"Hi! My name is Lonnie" Mal looked at her like she was going to bite "My mom's Mulan" She added appearing smaller, her lip quivering a little.

"So?" Mal barked, frowning to her. Jane had already gotten to her nerves, a little bit more and she'll blow Auradon up.

"I want new hair too" She straightened herself in hope of sounding decided "I want it cool, like Mal," She said to no one in particular, she felt like if she complimented Mal, her chances of getting her to help her were bigger.

"Oh yeah? Split ends too" Evie smiled at Mal, who was getting tired of Evie's teasing mood.

Mal gave a hard glance to Evie before going back to her drawing "Why would I do that?" She stated as if it was obvious.

"I'll give you 50 box and a candy bar" Lonnie made a weird face, sucking her cheeks in and shrugging. Evie surveyed Lonnie's hand, she wanted that money, she wanted Auradon luxurious makeup, real fabrics. If Jay had been there, he probably had flirted his way into getting it, along with the pretty necklace she was wearing. Mal frowned at the thought.

She glanced over the room, Evie pursing her lips and Lonnie deforming her face more and more each passing second. She blew air in a groan and stood, stabilizing herself with the pole of the bed.

She had left her drawing in the bed alongside Jane, taking only her spell book.

"Beware, forswear, replace the old with 'cool' hair" She read out loud, flicking her finger at the rhythm of her words.

She thought it would feel as bittersweet as doing something you like with someone you don't, but she was wrong; it felt as powerful and revitalizing as the other times.