Chapter 9: Freak outs and sweet memories

Jay looked over at Aziz, flirting with a girl across the cafeteria. He growled, thing that didn't go unnoticed by Carlos, who glanced over at him, sipping loudly from his apple juice.

The tan boy started fidgeting and his growl became louder. Mal and Evie were in their room, so Carlos had to deal with angry Jay all on his own.

"You kay?" He inquired, stuffing his mouth with a chocolate cupcake. Staining his cheeks with frosting.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jay sighed as he took a napkin from his tray and pass it through Carlos' face and lips to clean him.

Carlos eyed him, shoulders slung forward, hardened jaw, he was clenching his fists and tapping on the floor with his big combat boot. Jay was mad, ready to fight and anxious; but Carlos knew mentioning that will only get him more upset.

"Ah, you staring Jay" His eyes glanced to the side for a second, to were Aziz was caressing the girl's hair, then back to Jay in a sly manner.

Jay sighed loudly, adjusting his vest and checking if his beanie was in place before confronting Carlos' eyes again.

"Maybe..." He sighed again, fidgeting more aggressively "I kissed him"

"Wait, what?" Carlos opened his mouth and widened his eyes, lowering his voice slightly "You kissed Aziz?"

"And maybe we did a little bit more, but he never stopped me, and I never him" Jay sighed once more "And now we haven't talked in the whole day"

"By a little more you mean..." Carlos waved his eyebrows up and down. Jay was a heartbreaker, it was safe to say since he came to Auradon he had slept with some girls, nothing compared to when they were on the isle, but even there, he had needs to satisfy.

To Carlos' surprise, Jay blushed.

"No," He said, moving in his seat. Jay didn't want to tell Carlos about what happened with Aziz, but he was going crazy, he had to spill it out "We didn't go that far, but we could've"

He drove his eyes away from his friend. What he felt for Carlos occasionally reassembled what he felt for Aziz, only different.

Jay considered Carlos to be someone that must be protected, even if he knew for fact Carlos could take care of himself; he still wanted to be close to him, keep an eye on him, maybe kiss him from time to time.

Yet there he was anyway, telling him about the guy he did things with, like he didn't feel anything but friendship for the little freckled guy.

Carlos glimpsed over to the side, taking another bite of his cupcake and staining his face again.

"And now he's flirting" Jay leaned to clean him again, as he was slowly coming to realize why Jay was acting that way "With girls" He added, glancing at Jay and finding him with his jaw tense, the napkin creased in his clenched fist, staring to his empty plate "In front of you" Carlos finished, feeling a rush of angriness overcome him.

What was it with Auradon idiots that wanted to hurt his friends? First Evie, and now Jay, who is the toughest guy he had ever known, yet Aziz was getting to him.

Carlos shifted on the bench so he could face Jay, leaning closer to him.

"What ya doin?" Jay smirked the tiniest bit to Carlos, who was now sliding closer.

"He's doing it on propose, like Ha..." Carlos felt his tongue go numb when he was about to mention it, a sparkle went through his spine, knowing he shouldn't have said that.

He groaned when he saw Jay squeeze his eyes shut, fully aware of the name about to leave Carlos' lips and its implication in his current situation. "Fuck, sorry Jay" Carlos sighed, leaning even closer "But is true, he is doing it to get to you, to see your response, and he is using girls to do it, so just pretend you're flirting with me"