Chapter 5: Love realm

"Go Chad," The coach said, evaluating the field and his team, his back turned to his wife, who was there against her will "Jay, go"

Jay stood, but couldn't bring himself to the field, instead taking Carlos shirt, making him stand up next to him. He would not let Carlos sit this one out.

"Coach, what 'bout him?"

"What about him?" Coach repeated. Carlos whispering Jay to stop, knowing he had not scape. Jay was stubborn if he had something in mind, he was worse than Mal. He got really fixated easily.

"He's been practicing" Jay breathed out, really excited to get on the Tourney field, but not willing to let Carlos behind. Carlos glance at the unconvinced coach, knowing he was the only one that could take him out of that situation "If he doesn't play, I won't play either"

Coach looked scared now, actually frighted just by thinking in Jay not playing. Jay was the only reason they had been able to qualify for that game. They couldn't make it without him.

Carlos saw the coach swallow, sighing before signaling another player to sit.

"Go then, both of you"

Carlos rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry, I got your back" Jay smirked and dragged Carlos into the field.

"What about my front?" The only thing he wanted was to run back to the bench, away from big scary opposite players.

"I got all of you" Jay leaned to lock eyes with Carlos. He was sure Carlos could be a great player, he had talent as much as he hated it, but it was true he needed to be cared for, at least to some degree. And Jay was great at that.

Mal, Evie, and Lonnie were at the bleachers. Mal held a proud smile, her favorite minions were doing great at the game, and that made her heart fuzzy. She despised the feeling, but she decided to ignore it for as long as the game lasted, she will deal with her disgusting softness later.

"Pass it" Chad yelled. And Jay, who was holding his shield, Carlos' hand and his Tourney stick at the same time, cleared his path by blocking any little prince that got in their way.

When they ducked over the danger zone, and Carlos tackled a player that was heading directly to Jay, the coach couldn't hide his smile. Carlos was still a crappy player, but he was doing his best and doing it well.

Evie was jumping in her place, clapping her hands and gasping at every move Chad made. He had to be her prince, she would buy mirrors and have beautiful children with him, she would make her mother proud and happy; she would be the fairest of them all, finally.

The screams were getting to Mal's nerves, who had started moving her feet in annoyance, closing her fists. She surprised herself with her attention toward Ben on the field, paying more attention to him that she would want to.

She was intrigued, not sure if she actually wanted the potion to work, she knew she needed it to, but not being able to tell what had she gotten herself into was putting a toll to her fixation with the plan.

The girl of the prince, she thought, how lame.

A loud collective cheer made her cover her ears. Ben had annotated thanks to Jay, or that is what the guy with the microphone said.

Mal yawned and placed an arm over Evie's shoulder, finding support in the girl slender figure.

"I want to say something," He eyes shut open, she had zoned out completely and what brought her back was Ben's loud voice. He was standing in the middle of the field, microphone in hand, seemingly shivering as he talked "I need to say something"