Chapter 15: Love, love, love, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing

Tell me if u know where I got the quote for the title from

Mal opened her eyes before all the weight flooded back to her. Her eyes drifted to the side, where Uma was laying at an angle that covered her breasts.

What had she done?

Fallen in love, made bad choices, being born, she answered inside her head. The list was endless.

She sighed before rolling over her bodyweight and checked her face in a fragment of reflecting glass. Her eyes glowing, red lips, ruffled hair and naked form.

She felt tempted to escape through the window, but she wasn't going to do it. Not only because of the exhaustion and sore body, but because she felt even more attached to Uma now.

One by one, she went over every single moment of the last night. Being with Uma had been different to being with any other person, it had been sweeter, deeper and new, so new.

Her heart rate raised just by the thought. Mal looked back with caution. Uma hadn't moved, but had her eyes open and was smiling.

Mal straightened her hair before moving closer. Uma wrapped her arms around her and planted a kiss on the pale shoulder.

"Morning babe," She said, turning Mal's body to face her

"Hi" Her cheeks burned. She hated it.

Mal escaped Uma's embrace to put on her underwear and her jacket to keep herself warm from the cold and dense morning air. When she faced her again she found a mischievous grin and bright eyes scanning the world through the window.

Her cheeks flushed again when she saw Uma's naked body in the light. It was hard to ignore how beautiful she was.

"What's so fun out there?" Mal asked. Uma grinned harder in response.

"It's been a while since we pull out one of our own" Uma turned to her.

"Yeah?" Mal liked the conversation very much. One of the things she adored about Uma was how creatively bad she was.

"We could make this beauty crash onto the shore" Her hand slid in the wood of the boat, smirking slyly "The wave would drown three alleys deep"

Mal smirked, walking to her.

Her mind could picture the drenched streets and the screams perfectly.

"That's your master plan?" She asked simply, clasping her hands behind Uma's lower back, bringing their bodies together.

"Well, yeah" Uma responded, eyes moving to the side "Don't you like it?"

"Of course I do Shrimpy," Mal said, widening her smirk and diving in to kiss her hungrily.

Mal applied pressure on the glass of the window to open it. The cold nighttime air hit her cheeks, but they were already flushed as it was; she zipped her jacket just in case.

The cold of the night usually dragged until noon, when the humidity became hot and uncomfortable, damping her skin with sweat she could hardly feel now because it went back to freezing around 8 p.m.

"Do you really have to go?" Uma sat on the bed, naked and glimmering, as she looked after every single one of their encounters.

"Yes," She said dryly.

After the heat of their first encounter had died down, Mal tried to convince herself it had been done, she had no more reasons to desire Uma. Yet there she was, exiting Uma's bedroom almost three weeks later.