Chapter 13: Castles crumbling

A little warning here! It gets smutty at the end, in the final scene, in case you are a minor or something

"Mal" Her mother's voice sounded smooth, like a loud whisper, like it was on her head, or so she thought "Pumpkin" Mal sighed loudly, she knew now the voice was coming from the outside of her room; her mom didn't use such affectionate names inside her head.

She approached the door, peering into the dark room, only illuminated by the fading light from the balcony window, tracing Maleficent's profile in a wicked darkness that didn't let her features show.

Mal glanced at her room and couldn't avoid the comparison. Her bedroom was Gothic, dark, black and shades of purple, with a few splashes of green. Predominately, the need to be exactly like her mother.

"Yes?" Mal tested. Maleficent smirked, Mal knew it even if it wasn't visible on the poor lighting, the tone she used gave it away.

"I hear you have a new friend"

"Not a friend" Mal shriveled her nose, although, in her mind, the word had been used more commonly lately "Minion, mom, loyal minion"

"You are attached to her," Maleficent shoot one eye to her in an animalistic and perturbing manner. Mal made an effort to keep her eyes open. Her mother preferred to go straight to the point, no games allowed.

"When have I ever been attached to anything?" Mal asked, defying her mother's perspective of her, more hurt than piss, but she didn't care to show.

Maleficent had thrown away and ripped all her clothes once, when she was six, she walked the streets in the same old baggy t-shirt until she managed to rob fabrics and tricked the goblins into making her a new wardrobe. Not one complain left her lips during that year. Another time, her mother had killed the baby chicken she had brought from school one day, she disposed of the body without showing any feelings in her face, not a single tear in her eyes no matter how much she wanted to cry and scream.

She had demonstrated over and over again how cold hearted she was. She had no room in her life for attachments. But her mother didn't see that; she just saw weakness and humanity.

"Then leave her" Maleficent moved her head towards her daughter, her horns peeked in all their glory. Usually covered with black ribbons, now they were just polished, standing from the top of her skull.

The bone-like material shone in a curved pitch black elegance, thick at the base, sharp at the tips. When the light hit the center, a wicked green made its way through the darkness.

Mal swallowed hard.

Her hair was hovering over her shoulders, deep purple, with a few lilac strands here and there, due to her age. They both were the same height, and Maleficent was sitting on her throne, but still, she seemed to be towering over her daughter, with hair and horns in the open air. Magnificent.

"People respect us, the time is not right" Mal stated. She could feel her mother's eyes digging in her like daggers, but, contrary to what she would usually do, she straightened herself "You say that for a scheme to be perfect, everything must be perfect," She lifted her chin ridiculously high "When the time comes, I won't hesitate"

"You better" Maleficent stood in her short legs, not intending to walk down the stairway but to appear even more prominent "You know what would happen if you don't" What until the moment was only her silhouette, it now revealed her face when her eyes shined green, glowing and projecting over her face.

The black eyeliner made her seem more vicious and dark, and the shimmery purple lips added a tone of elegance and superiority Mal received like a punch on her stomach.