Chapter 11: Anxiety is my happy

Fairy Godmother made a signal to Jane and the school personnel so they could bring the equipment and set it up.

"Kids" She walked cautiously to the four isle kids. Mal and Evie lifted their heads from their respective drawings "As you may know, tomorrow is parents day here in Auradon" Jay moved his gaze from Carlos to Fairy Godmother "And since your parents cannot come due to distance, I orchestrated a little surprise for you"

To guys were setting up a computer connected to a TV screen in the back. Their parents displaying; screaming, complaining and as reluctant to new technology as always.

I need this, I need a reminder of my evilness, Mal though, but that didn't stop the knot forming in her throat while she walked to her mother.

"Still doing magic tricks with fruit huh?" Maleficent mocked. Fairy Godmother got redder upon every word parting from the evil fairy, who kept rambling about her lame magic and idiotic rules, as she called them.

"Evie!" Evil Queen smiled, Maleficent groaned at the interruption. Evil Queen was waving her arms and jumping in place, not caring how unladylike it may seem "You look beautiful my darling!" Evie blinked, a small smile curling her perfectly glossed lips, if she saw correctly, if she wasn't imagining things, she saw tears in her mother's eyes.

The Evil Queen felt no shame by looking at her daughter, for what felt, to Evie, like the first time.

Jafar hadn't said a word, he was giving Jay a hard glare, waiting to be freed from that junkyard. Jay looked away, hoping to avoid Jafar slightly red eyes.

"Mal! Pumpkin" Maleficent's melodious voice echoed in the whole room "When would you give me..." Mal's eyes widened considerably, in fear of what her mother might reveal, Cruella and Evil Queen reached a hand to cover Maleficent's mouth. She waved them off "I mean," She paused to clear her throat and smile with her sparkly lips "When would I see you my little nugget?"

Mal giggled fakely. A pain hosting in her chest. Something she had never felt, yet always did.

"There's a coronation on Friday, so possibly after that" She smiled with closed lips, fully aware of her mother's angry expression.

"Cant it be sooner?" Maleficent's eyes were as green as they would get. Mal glupped, not ready to show how terrified she was to free her mother, to give the world to her, to leave it in her domain for her to destroy, kill and rule.

"Carlos! What the fuck is that?" Cruella's face covered the entire screen, her mad eyes filled Carlos insides with fright. He had been holding Dude all the time, but now, he was hugging the dog, closing his grip over him "It's not big enough for a coat" She grinned, her voice cracking "Oh well, a hat would do"

"Shut up!" Carlos yelled, tears forming in his eyes. Fairy Godmother's lip quivered at how broken his expression was "He has shown me more love than you ever did" He choked out in a closed mouth whisper, so low only Jay, standing next to him with an arm over his shoulder protectively, could hear it.

Mal bit her lip, tempted to search for Evie's hand, not comfortable seeing Carlos in such a painful estate, but somewhat proud of him for sticking up to his mother, something she would never dare to do.

"He's awesome and you are crazy!" He shouted, finally letting go of whatever had been stuck in his throat his entire life.

Cruella looked angry, angrier than he had ever seen her, and that said something. He thanked being in Auradon, far away from her.

Jafar started laughing at the defiance the boy had shown, Maleficent rolled her eyes and kept complaining.

Soon enough everything was a mess.