Chapter Thirteen

The half-hour ride with Ethan was the worst ride of my life. Ethan was everything that I didn't expect him to be.

He was quite, SO very quite.

He was stiff in front of me.

And he was literally making his bike fly! It was so hard for me to balance myself so I snaked my arms around his waist and instead of being happy (like most guy's would be) he went all stiff at me. But what was I supposed to do, I mean he was FLYING! And I almost toppled over. TWICE.

So, it was a relief when we entered our colony and Ethan stopped his bike at infront of his house. He swung off the bike, almost hitting me with his leg and I was about to shout at him when he took his helmet off and I saw his face. My shout went back in my throat.

I quickly stepped off his bike, took off my little blue helmet and looked at him.

"Well, thanks for the ride. It was fun ..?" Even to me the sentence sounded like a question but Ethan didn't say anything.

"Yeah. Okay." I said after a minute and then turned around to flee.

But Ethan caught the back of my hoodie and pulled.

Hard.

"Whoa." I jerked back and almost landed at his chest.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" He questioned.

"Home." I whispered and again I saw his eyes darken like the other day.

Uh-oh.

"No you're not. You are coming with me." He said and then he pulled me in HIS house.

"Ethan .. What ..?" Stupid, he was PULLING me in.

"Just shut up." Okay, so the growling was back.

"Just what is your problem?" I asked him, and that was a mistake cause suddenly he stopped pulling me.

"Tell me are you loco?" He questioned and I gape at him.

"You want me to say yes?" Yes, note the sarcasm.

"My God, Theia, you really are mad, you went driving ALL alone on the highway at midnight." He said and I shrunk from him.

He was really angry.

"Look I'm used to the drives and I just wanted to be away." I said but Ethan shook his head.

"No, you're stupid, that's what." He grated out.

Now, I was angry.

Who was he to say these things to me.

It was all HIS fault anyway.

"Stop saying that, it's not like I have to take your permission." I hissed.

"Cartainly not, you wouldn't ask me now will you? You just want to show-off just how independant you are. So you think you have to go away and then you're on your 'scooty' and riding on the highway, in the dead of night and then when you're stranded you sit on it and gaze at the fucking ocean." He all but shouted at me.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"Yes you're like that only, you have fun one minute and then next you're cold." He said.

And that hurts.

I dont know why he was SO angry with me anyway.

"Why are you so angry, anyway?" I snapped and that threw him for a moment.

"Dammit Theia, it's like 12:30, you were there ALL alone and you werent even bothered. You wouldn't call anybody. You could have called me." He added the last part and some of my anger melted away.

No, was I right .. did he care ..?

And that's when I realised that he was right.

I was just being stubborn.

"Look Ethan I'm sorry okay, I just lost it .." He cut me in.

"Oh you lost it, what went wrong in your little world anyway? You even had me out by dodging my calls and SMS's. So what was that you wanted to get away from?" He demanded.

Lord, he was making it difficult for me.

"I don't know .." He grunted.

"Oh be honest for once, will you." He cut in again.

"I'm being honest okay, my thought's are muddled here .."

"Dont lie to me, I saw you getting all cuddly with Aidan at the bar and then when you saw me you walked the opposite way, what could possibly have gone wrong? Did he turn out to be boring?" He mocked but I was shocked.

I though Ethan had not seen me and I wasn't expecting this reaction anyway, he almost seemed .. jealous??

Oh, lord.

"Aidan is my friend, okay and you don't dictate my life, I don't have to ask you ..."

"Theia don't push me." he warned but that was it, I was just about sick of being cut in every time.

"Just what is your problem anyway? Why am I at the lashing end here?" I demanded and that darkened eyes grew even darker.

"Theia you have been dodging my calls for the last whole week, but I broke all the rules today and went to your place cause I was tired of waiting for you to call and then there's your mom telling me you had run off and were all alone and she seemed worried and she almost begged me to find you, she was almost crying and then when I saw you just sitting there not bothered at all .." He didn't finish.

"I didn't run away." Was my VERY lame reply.

"Oh fuck it." He snapped.

Patience.

"Listen I was holed up in my house for the last week and I was just sick of it, I wanted to .."

"And who's fault is that?" He demanded again.

That's it.

"Your's. It's your fault. Dammit. Before you my life was perfect and then you came along and whirled it upside down, you kissed me, smiled at me, looked at me with those ocean eyes and I was lost, okay. And I'm scared, alright. I've never felt this way before you and I do ..." I was so busy in speaking that I didn't even see him make his way towards me, didn't see how his eyes softened at my words, didn't see the smile tugging at his lips, didn't see the sheer joy on his face until his lips closed over mine and made me stop talking.

And I was glad.

Cause I had missed him, missed his kisses .. EVERYTHING.

And now here he was, making me ecstatic!

he made love to my mouth, gently, sensuously, nipping at my lower lip .. making me hot all over.

I heard him groan and he broke away.

"If it's any consolation you have been rocking my world, too." He whispered agaisnt my lips.

And I couldn't help but giggle, moreover though I was SO happy.

I couldn't imagine life without him now.

"I'm glad." I whispered back and lost myself in his kiss.