Chapter Seventeen

I hated life.

I HATED IT.

If I could get one wish right now I would wish to be back at my old place with all my friends and never come here. I wanted to make this ALL go away. My job at the diner, my new friends here, how I had liked Ethan, fallen in love with him, the pain I felt now whenever anything reminded me of him.

I wanted it all to go away and never look back.

And that was hard. So BLOODY hard. I just couldn't get the image of 'him' off my mind, everything I did, everywhere I went, it reminded me of him and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Theia?" Someone said my name and my head snapped up. It was Aidan.

"Are you okay?" He asked me sliding in the booth beside me.

"Yeah." I said and tried to smile. Without suceeding much.

"No, you're not. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me.

Did I ?

Hell, no.

"Nah, it's nothing Aidan, don't worry. I'm just a little gloomy." I said but he just shook his head.

"Ok well, since you are 'so gloomy' why don't we just sit and celebrate it and drink ourselves to oblivion." He said trying to cheer me up.

Well, as if it was that easy. But then a bottle of vodka always help and if I would be too drunk then I wouldn't be able to think of anything. So what if I would have a killer headache in the morning? Who cares, I would just have to take it.

Anything would be better than thinking of Ethan and then calling myself a fool right now.

"Why not." I said and then we moved to the bar.

A good thing of working in a pub was that we could gulp down as many shot's as we could and we wouldn't be charged.

I was two shots down and still couldn't get him out of my mind, I remembered the way he had smiled at me, kissed me, touched me, looked deep in my eyes and a smile would cross my face and then suddenly I would remember him with Melissa and remorse replaced my smile.

"What would you have?" Aidan asked me.

"Vodka, on the rocks." I replied, he gave me a little smile and then poured me a shot.

It didn't take me much time to pur it down my throat and then I asked for another one .. and another one .. and another one.

I was on a roll

"I think you should stop now." Aidan said, but hell the booze was getting to me, I was going numb and unable to think about ANYTHING and that's what I wanted.

So to hell with what Aidan was saying.

Even if it was for my betterment.

"No, I can handle it." I said and my voice was slurred. But I was NOT going to stop, the drink was acting like my solace and I just wanted to drown in it.

Literally.

"Theia please you will be dead drunk." He was pleading now.

"Aidan just let me be, okay. I'll be fine. I just .. need this, okay." I said and Aidan gave me an odd look and then he nodded curtly.

"It's on you now Theia, it's my shift now and I won't be able to look after you." He said and I nodded.

Hell, I didn't want anyone to look after me.

I was still drinking my way through time and it was three hours after I had started.

But even though at first all feeling had been gone now I was still back on track.