Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Gracie sat in the lunch room with her unicorn lunch box.Her friend Daisy sat across from her.

"I like math, but I don't like science." Gracie said.

"I don't really like science either." Daisy agreed. They continued discussing their favorite and least favorite classes. A girl with red hair came up to them.

"You're Gracie and Daisy, right?" The two girls nodded. "My friends and I want this table."

"We're using this table." Daisy stated.

"Well, we want to use it." The red head argued.

"You can use it when we're done." Gracie tried to keep the peace, just like her father would. The red-headed girl pushed Gracie from the table. A friend of the girl's pushed Daisy too. Gracie and Daisy exchanged worried looks. They tried to go back to the table. The girl pushed Gracie against the wall. Gracie stood still, fearful. Daisy seemed scared too. The girl's friend had restricted her to the table.

"Gracie bite her. Use your fangs." Gracie froze. Her parents told her to never show her fangs in school, but the girl wasn't going to let her go.

"Bite her, Gracie!" A nervous Gracie retracted her fangs. She sank them into the girl's arm. The girl screamed. 

"She's biting me!" She cried. "She's biting me!" Their teacher ran to them. She took everything in. The girl pressing Gracie against the wall. Gracie's teeth in her arm. Daisy was on the table.

"Gracie Sparks, Martha Rogers, come with principle's office." Gracie pulled her mouth off Martha and quickly hid her fangs. Martha let Gracie go. The teacher had Daisy and Martha's friend join them. The teacher examined Martha's arm and gasped. Gracie drew blood and left a huge wound.

"How did you manage this?" She asked Gracie.

"I-I don't know." Gracie stammered.

"You must know." The teacher crossed her arms.

"I don't." Gracie had the same lying skills as her father, which were horrible. The teacher sighed and opened the office door.

"Call Mr. and Mrs. Sparks." She told the secretary. "Tell them that their daughter is in a lot of trouble." 20 minutes later, Vivian and Kendall were in office chairs. Gracie sat next to them, on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"What did you do?" Kendall asked.

"I bit Martha." She got closer to them. "I used my fangs." 

"You did what?" Kendall and Vivian stared at her with horror. Gracie tried really hard not to cry. 

"I felt like I had no choice and Daisy told me that I needed too."

"Daisy told you to bite Martha?" Vivian asked.

Gracie nodded. "With my fangs." Vivian stood and went to the door.

"Viv, what are you doing?" Kendall demanded.

"I have questions for Daisy's parents." She walked into the main office. A man and a woman sat in chairs. The woman had blonde curls like Daisy. Vivian went up to them.

"Can I talk with you?" Vivian gave them a sweet smile.

"Of course." The woman looked up. "I'm Jackie and this is my husband, David."

"I'm Vivian and this is Kendall." She motioned to her husband.

"He's your husband and Gracie's parents, right?" Kendall nodded.

"How'd you know we were Gracie's parents?" Vivian asked.

"She has your hair and his eyes." David replied. The four of them went into the hall.

"You probably want to know if we're vampires or not. We are fairies."