Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Gracie walked into her math class and started doing the problem of the day.

"If you have 3 apples, then you get 4 more, how many apples do you have?" The teacher cooed. Gracie raised her hand.

"Yes Gracie."

"You have 7 apples." She replied.

"Very good." The teacher turned to the board. Daisy sat down next to Gracie.

"You're really smart, Gracie." 

"Thank you." Gracie smiled. They listened to the teacher the rest of the class.

After that, Gracie brought her lunch to the classroom. Martha was already in her chair. Gracie sat away from her. The teacher walked in and smiled at them.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Tunson. I'll be with you for the next lunch periods."

"I'm Gracie." Gracie smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Gracie." Mr. Tunson shook her hand. "We'll be seeing a lot of each other in the next week."

"Then we'll have to get along." Gracie stated.

"Yes, I guess we will."

After she had lunch, Gracie went to her art class. Daisy joined her.

"We should go outside." Daisy suggested.

"But we have class." Gracie pointed out.

"Friends do these kind of things for each other." Daisy put her arm around Gracie.

 "Alright." Gracie gave in. Daisy led her to the door and they went outside. Daisy ran to the swings. Gracie ran too, trying hard to remain at human speed.

"Run at full speed." Daisy demanded.

"My parents told me not too." 

"Your parents aren't here." Daisy pushed on.

"I'll get into trouble." Gracie knew her parents would out find somehow. They always did.

"If you want to be my friend, you'll do this for me." Daisy warned. Gracie didn't want to lose her only friend, so she ran at vampire speed. Daisy watched with a smirk on her face. Gracie came to a stop.

"What are you two doing out here?" A stern voice called. Gracie stiffened. Daisy remained aloof.  Then she made a tearful face.

"Gracie said if I didn't come out here, she wouldn't be my friend anymore." Daisy started crying.

"Miss Sparks, principle's office. Now!"