Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Landon Donaldson was in his sister's house with his niece and his girlfriend, Kingsley. They watched Gracie's favorite cartoons. Unaware of the events that took place. There was a knock at the door and Landon stood from the couch.

Gracie turned to him. "Don't get it. It's an evil man. He wants to hurt us."

"How do you know that?" Landon asked.

"I saw it in my head." Gracie replied.

"That's your imagination, sweetie." Kingsley told her. Landon sauntered to the door.

"Uncle Landon, he is going to hurt us." Gracie warned.

"It's okay, Grace. You're safe." Landon opened the door. David stood on the other side. One minute was standing on the mat, the next he tackled Landon. Landon was taking by surprise. He called Kingsley, but she wasn't close enough. David started strangling Landon. Landon closed his eyes. Then he felt a jolt. He opened his eyes and saw Claudia was on top of David. She slammed his neck on the ground. David eye's closed and his breathing stopped. David was dead. Claudia got off him. She looked guilty. Claudia didn't like to kill.

"Thank you." Landon smiled gratefully.

"Are you okay, Landon?" Claudia asked.

"Yes." Landon rubbed his neck.

"I told you he was evil." Gracie pointed out.

"I don't know how you knew that." Kingsley sighed.

"I saw it in my head." Gracie explained. Landon, Claudia, and Kingsley exchanged looks. 

"When do fairies develop powers?" Claudia asked.

"Not until adolescence." Landon answered her.

Kingley shook her head. "How would she develop a power at six?"

"She is a hybrid."