Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Vivian and Kendall walked into their house. Vincent was right behind them. Gracie ran to her parents. Landon, Kingsley, and Claudia followed.

"Grace seems to have developed a power." Landon announced. They stared at him.

"That's not possible." Vivian shook her head. "She is six."

"She is also a hybrid." Landon pointed out.

"What power did she show?" Vincent asked.

"She saw the guy at the door coming. She can see the future." Kingsley explained.

"Just like Cynthia." Claudia chimed in.

"Where is mom anyway?" Landon asked. Vivian sucked in a breath. Vincent turned away. Kendall bit his lip. "What?"

"She's dead, Landon." Landon stared at them in horror.

"No. It can't be." Landon muttered.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" A voice asked. They all turned to see who it was. Cynthia Donaldson appeared.

"Mom?" Landon asked, as if he couldn't believe it was her.

"In the flesh."

"But how?" Vivian asked. "You died."

"I did, but Vincent saved me." Cynthia explained. "He changed me. I am a full vampire." 

"How is this possible?" Kingsley asked.

"He drained me of my fairy blood and changed me into a vampire."

"Your wings?"

"They fell off." Cynthia showed them her back. " My power is gone too. Vampires don't get powers."

"Why did Grace get your power?" Kendall asked.

"Fairies don't get each others powers. She must have developed it on her own."  

"At a very young age." Claudia stated. "I better get back to Ryan. I'll see you later." She left.

"So you live forever?" Vivian stared at her vampire mother.

"I guess so." She turned to Vincent. "Now you don't have to be alone again."

"I really hope so."