Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"You're fairies?"

"Yes and so are you." Jackie responded.

David turned to Kendall. "You, on the other hand. are a half-vampire."

"You know about us?" Kendall stared at them.

"Yes, your whole family is the most known people in the supernatural world." Kendall and Vivian exchanged looks.

"Daisy told Gracie to bite Martha." Vivian pointed out.

"Daisy knows about your family too." Jackie explained.

"That makes sense." Kendall's eyes darted to the office.

"We should go back to the office." Vivian suggested.

"Why? They're not going anywhere." David challenged.

"Why don't you show us your powers, Vivian?" Jackie smiled.

"Not here." Kendall moved in front of Vivian. He didn't trust them.

"Relax, Kendall. We're not going to harm your wife." David raised his hand.

The office door opened. "Excuse me, your daughters are waiting." They scuttled into the office. Gracie hugged Vivian.

"Mommy, am I in trouble." Vivian looked into her huge, baby-blue eyes.

"We'll talk later." Vivian responded.

"Your daughter has physically harmed another student." The principle said. "That is inexcusable."

"Did the student do anything to her?" 

"She pushed her against the wall." The principle admitted. She stared at Vivian.

"What Gracie did was wrong, but Martha deserves some blame too." Vivian pointed out.

"I see your point. Both girls will stay in during lunch hours. Gracie will be in longer because she hurt Martha, but Martha will get blame too." The principle showed them out. Kendall helped Gracie into the car. Vivian got into the passenger seat.

"Grace, you'll be punished for your actions." Vivian stated.

"I know, mommy. I deserve it" Gracie looked out the window. Kendall pulled out of the parking lot.

"You defended Gracie, I'm glad you did." Kendall took his wife's hand.

"She didn't mean to do that. She was protecting herself. You'll have to show her how to use her fangs the right way."

"There really isn't a right way. Some vampires drink humans." Kendall sighed.

"She isn't your normal vampire." Vivian protested.

"What am I?" Gracie asked. Kendall and Vivian were dreading the day that they'd have to tell her that she's a hybrid. She knows she's different, but she didn't know how different. She knows that she's a vampire and a fairy. She just doesn't understand what that means.