Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A week passed and Gracie hadn't got into anymore trouble. She still had to stay with teachers during lunch period and didn't have recess. Kendall still taught his class. Vivian continued her job at the bank. Then one day, the unexpected happened. Vivian, Landon, and Gracie were in the living room watching cartoons. Gracie laughed a long with the characters They heard a knock at the door. Vivian peeked through the peep hole. She gasped and hurried to Landon and Gracie.

"You have to hide." She ordered.

"Vivvy, what's wrong?" Landon asked.

"Kendall's parents are at the door." She replied nervously.

"What should we do?"

"Hide." She picked up Gracie and handed her to Landon. There was another knock at the door. Landon went upstairs. Vivian got rid of any signs of Gracie. She scuttled to the door and calmed herself. She opened the door. Ronald and Lydia were on the other side.

"Hello Vivian. You're 26 years old and you're just as beautiful as you were when you were 17."  Lydia smiled.

"Hello." Vivian greeted them.

"Is Kendall home?" Ronald asked.

"No, he's not." Vivian responded. She felt her heart racing.

"Let us in." Lydia ordered.

Vivian shook her head. "I don't think that's a good idea."  They entered anyway, pushing past Vivian.

"You and Kendall have a nice home." Ronald looked around. "Any children?"

"No." Vivian lied, trying to keep her voice even. 

"Pity. It would have been a beautiful child." 

"You should go." Vivian stated.

"Why? Do you think that we'll kill you?"

"You should go." Vivian replied.

"Alright. Goodbye." They turned for the door. Vivian spun around. Once she did, Lydia and Ronald ran at her. They started strangling her.

"Now, you call Kendall and tell him to come home."

"I won't let you hurt him." Vivian gasped.

"What are you going to do?" Ronald pushed on Vivian's stomach. There was a cracking noise and she screamed.

  "Call Kendall."