9 likes

Now that spring break is over the gang and I have spent a most weekends together. Shawn and Stephanie are a couple now so she's been staying with him because she doesn't want to go back to New York right now. I completely understand that because she has some drama with her old friends in New York that she doesn't want to talk about.

Right now I'm focusing on my classes and a new art show I have coming up in New York I was recommended by someone, I don't know who they choose to stay anonymous. However, they told the owner of the Lisson Gallery, one of the biggest galleries in New York, that I had great pieces that should be in the next show. Apparently they showed them some of my works and the owner really loved them. I'm suppose to make three fresh ones along with two I have already done. I have two weeks to finish this before leaving and I'm only half way done with the first one.

"Girl you've been painting for hours take a break and talk to me. Shawn's off taking pictures of god knows what and Jordan has her piano lessons."

"I will stop painting when you can tell me what happened back home," I say dipping my paint brush in a pastel pink color and looking at Stephanie.

"Fine I'll tell you but don't tell Shawn I haven't told him anything yet," I nod putting my paint brush down and cleaning my hands before sitting on the couch with her.

"Okay, I found out that the main reason why my friends ditched me during spring break. I use to have this thing with one of my friends ex boyfriend and she found out and felt like I betrayed her because I didn't tell her. She convinced the rest of my friends I was terrible and a slut so they didn't want nothing to do with me."

"You made a mistake they shouldn't shut you out because of that. Maybe they'll get over it soon," I try to reassure her.

"One of my friends Jada tried to but I shut her out, she sided Kylie and I don't think I can let her back in. Also I never felt like I really belonged in their group."

"Do feel like you belong in our group?"

"Yes I share so much more in common with y'all then them. We all came from rich families who force us to be friends but i never really fitted in. You guys made me realize I need some new friends." I smile happy she feels safe with us.

"Okay I need one person to come with me to New York I was going with Jordan but she canceled. I think you be better choice anyways because you lived in New York."

"I don't know I don't want to run into them," she says looking at her lap.

"Stephanie sometimes we need to face our fears to get rid of them," I tell her what my dad always tells me.

"Okay I'll come with you." I clap my hands in excitement before getting back to my art.

Two weeks later

"Wow this is New York City," I say gasping forgetting most of this since I was five last time I was here. "It's better than I remember," I smile already feeling inspired.

"Yes it's pretty great now let's get to our hotel," Stephanie drags me across the street and to a town car with our own personal driver.

"It must be good being rich," I say getting a water from the small cooler in the back.

"Sometimes it is." I assume even though she was rich she wanted something money could give her I just don't know what that be.

After we got to the hotel I changed out of my airport clothes and made myself presentable before heading over to the gallery.

"Hello miss Jones Welcome To Lisson Gallery, your art work will be in that corner," a woman, Stevie says. "The owner says your pieces are impressive I can't wait to see them tonight." 

"Thank you," I smile and start placing my artworks up. When I was done I find Stevie to ask her a question I was dying to know.

"Excuse me can I ask you something?" She nods with a smile. "The owner emailed me and told me I was recommended by someone, do you happen to know who?" She looks through the files and nods as she reads.

"They choose to stay anonymous but they will be attending tonight gallery." I nod and hopefully they will come to me. I go back to hotel and post an update to let people know to come to my show.

Liked by harrystyles, shawnmonroe and 1892 others

mayajones_artist If your in New York come to my art show at Lisson Gallery at 5 to 8 pm tonight. 🎨🖌

Comments

art.geek oh totally going to that show

Jordammmn girl so proud of you

shawnmonroe so happy for you

1dfangirl you're so talented

jada.ross looks I have something to do tonight now

harrystyles ☺️

❖❖❖❖❖❖

I have something big next chapter

Don't forget to vote and comment