Introductions

Our new teacher brought us up to a rooftop where he leaned again a railing and the rest of us took our seats on the stairs. I sat a little farther to the left of everyone else.

"Alright," our teacher began. "Why don't we start by introducing ourselves. Say your name, things you like, things you hate. Goals for the future. Hobbies. Things like that."

"Well why don't you start?" Naruto questioned. " Introduce yourself so we could see how these things work out."

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate- I don't feel like telling you that. My goals for the future- haven't really thought about that. And my hobbies? I have lots of hobbies."

I lifted my eyebrows at him once he finished. Really? That was his introduction? He only said his name but he wants up to give that information to him and everyone else that's here.

"Okay, let's start with you," Kakashi said. I looked up from my hands to see him looking at me, signaling me to go.

"Oh," I say, collecting myself. "My name is Iris Sano. I like animals and flowers and sunsets. I hate liars and people who are mean towards others for no reason. My goals for the future-I don't think I have any. And my hobbies are just reading and admiring sunsets, I guess. Sometimes drawing."

Kakashi' visible eye became narrowed at me until he moved on to Naruto. "Next."

"Believe it!" Naruto began. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I like instant ramen and the ramen Iruka sensei treats me at Ichiraku's noodle shop. But I hate the three minutes you have to wait for the ramen to cook! My hobbies are eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them. My goals for the future is to become the greatest Hokage, and then everyone will respect me and see me as a somebody- somebody important!"

I smile lightly at his enthusiasm. All he wants is for everyone to treat him with respect- just like me. But, why does he treat me like everyone else treats him?

"Next," Kakashi says, looking at Sakura.

"My name is Sakura Haruno. What I like is... well who I like is...," she stops as she breaks into a fit of giggling. "My hobbies are... my goals for the future are..." She starts squealing and fidgeting as she keeps looking at Sasuke.

"And the things you hate?"

"I hate Naruto!" Sadness struck Naruto when she said those three words. Sakura's the kind of person I hate.

"Next."

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain someone."

Chills ran down my spine. Things got pretty dark pretty fast. But I guess I don't blame him. If my entire family got murdered by someone I knew, I would be plotting to destroy them, too.

"Good," Kakashi sensei said. "You're all unique and have your own ideas. We'll have our first mission tomorrow."

"What mission are we going to have?" Naruto asked.

"It's a task the five of us will complete together. It's a survival exercise."

"A survival exercise?!" Sakura exclaimed. "I thought we were going on a real mission. We already did this stuff at the academy- that's how we got here!"

"This isn't like your previous training."

"Then what kind of training is it then?" Naruto asked. Kakashi started laughing eerily, like he was a maniac.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, looking at him weirdly.

"If I tell you the answer you're not going to like it," he replied and got serious once again. "Of the 28 graduates who just came here, only ten will actually be accepted as genin. The other 18 will be sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it, pass-fail test and the chance of you failing is at least 66%. See? Didn't I tell you you wouldn't like it?"

He was right. I didn't like that answer. At all. We didn't just go through all that time in the academy just to be sent back.

"That's crazy!" Naruto exclaimed. "We worked hard to get here! Believe it! And what was that graduation test for anyways?!"

"Oh, that? That was just to select candidates. I decided whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated training spot at 5:00 a.m. and bring your ninja gear. Also, skip breakfast, or else, you'll puke. You're dismissed."

***

It took me an hour to find that training spot he told us to meet up at. The others were already there, but there was no sign of the silver haired guy.

"You're late," Sakura said, glaring at me.

"Sorry," I whisper, looking away from everybody else. Sakura's face changed to a face of pity, I think. Wow, am I that pathetic?

I already know that they don't like me one bit so I sit about a foot away from them and rest my head on my bag. I stared at the sky for the next few hours while we were still waiting for Kakashi sensei to get here.

"Good morning, everyone," a voice said. It was Kakashi. "Ready for your first day?"

"Hey!" Sakura and Naruto yelled at the same time. "You're late!"

"Well, a black cat crossed my path and I had to take the long way," he said. What a horrible excuse that I'm later going to steal and use as my own. "Anyways, let's get started." He walked over to a post with an alarm clock on it. "This clock is set for noon. All you have to do is take these three bells from me. That's all there is to it. If you can't get a bell from me by noon, you'll be tied to that post while I eat my lunch in front of you."

Oh, he's evil. Very evil. But I noticed something odd. There's four people on this team but only three bells. Why?

"Kakashi sensei," I say. "Why are there only three bells when there's four of us?"

"Oh. That's so at least one of you will get tied to the post and ultimately gets disqualified. That one gets sent back to the academy."

I'm gonna stop asking questions now. I could never handle the answer.

"You could use any weapon you want," he continue. "If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to get a bell from me."

"That might be too dangerous," Naruto said laughing. "Especially some you couldn't even dodge that eraser."

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. They're the losers, lowest scores." That got Naruto riled up with anger. "When I say start, you begin."

Before Kakashi sensei could do anything else, Naruto ran after him with a kunai in hand. In a split second, Kakashi had twisted Naruto's hand behind his head and has the kunai pointed to the back of Naruto's head. Sakura, Sasuke and I stared in shock at how fast that happened.

"Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet." He let Naruto out of his grasp. "But, you did come at me with the full intention of killed me. I think I'm actually starting to like you guys. Get ready... and start!"

Everyone else jumped for the trees somehow, while I just ran into the nearest bushes. I'm most likely gonna fail this test.