Drowning

"You have some nerve facing us again after the stunt you pulled not too long ago," Kakashi says to the masked boy we've seen a few days earlier. "Who does he think he's fooling, hiding behind a mask?"

"That's it," Sasuke says."I'm taking him out. Who does he think he's fooling, hiding behind a mask like some sort of clown."

"Oh, Sasuke," Sakura gushes. "You're so cool."

I pinch the bridge of my nose and shake my head. "Sakura, Kakashi sensei literally just said that."

Haku began spinning and slowly started to look like a little tornado. He approached Sasuke, who already got into a fighting position. The wind around Haku disappeared. Sasuke held up a kunai, using it to block the needle in Haku's hand.

"Sakura, Iris, protect the bridge builder and stay close to me," Kakashi commanded. "Let Sasuke handle this." Sakura and I did as we were told and got into fighting positions around Tazuna.

Haku and Sasuke exchange some words that I can't hear from here, then Haku uses his one free hand to make hand signs. I thought you needed two hands for hand signs, I thought to myself.

After he finished, the water surrounding them floated in the air and became needles, like the one in Haku's hand. All of them flew towards Sasuke, ending in a small explosion of water and Haku jumping backwards. Sasuke jumped into the air before the needles could penetrate him. Him and Haku battled again. Sasuke manages to trick his opponent and kick him in his face, making his body fly and land at Zabuza's feet.

"Thought you were quicker, huh?" Sasuke said. "What else are you wrong about?"

"You've made a big mistake insulting these ninja and calling them brats," Kakashi chimes in. "Sasuke's the best young fighter in our village. Sakura here is our sharpest mind. And Iris there is our mystery ninja with powerful hidden abilities."

I smirk to myself at that. At least he didn't say anything negative as I would've been expecting from anyone else.

"And last but not least, our number one, hyperactive, knuckle- headed ninja, Naruto Uzumaki."

Haku stood up, and what looked like chakra started sprouting behind him, and the air became cold. Using one hand sign, Haku made ice come of the ground and into the air to make multiple mirror like shapes that surrounded him and Sasuke.

"Secret Jutsu: Crystal Ice Mirrors!" Haku shouted. Haku literally stepped into the mirror. His reflection appeared on the rest of mirrors. Sakura and I gasped at the sight before us.

Kakashi sensei tried running to Sasuke, but Zabuza appeared in front of him, blocking him from interfering with the battle. Haku started throwing needles at Sasuke. You couldn't even tell where they were coming from. Sasuke's kunai flew out of his hand and he crouched to floor and covered his head in fear.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stay with you two," Sakura said. Tazuna and I both nodded. Her wanting to protect her teammate and crush is understandable. Sakura picked up the kunai and ran towards Sasuke and threw it to him.

But Haku was too fast, and grabbed the kunai before it could get to Sasuke. Suddenly a shuriken came out of nowhere and hit against Haku's mask, causing him to fall out of the mirror. There was a big explosion, and when the smoke cleared up, a blonde haired teammate of ours appeared.

"Naruto Uzumaki is here!" Naruto announced. "You know how in stories the hero shows up at the last minute and kicks butt? That's what I'm here to do!"

I could see my teammates faces and how disappointed and annoyed they look. I could already tell what they're thinking by looking and their faces, and I agree. You don't need to be a ninja to know that the element of surprise is important. But he did manage to knock Haku out of the mirror, so it wasn't a bad idea.

"Alright! You're history! Shadow clone jutsu!" Before Naruto could complete this jutsu, Zabuza threw four shuriken at him, only for them to be stopped by Haku, who threw his needles. Haku wanted to fight this battle on his own. Everyone seemed to be focused on different things, so I decided that I should help my colleagues instead of standing here being useless.

In my book, I read that the knife in the box was made of dragon scales. I don't really believe that, but the book also said that the knife could slice and penetrate anything the blade touches. Even ice. I'm not one hundred percent sure this will work, but at least I could say I tried.

I pulled out the dagger from my boot and held it tightly with both hands. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on getting from where I stood to the ice mirrors that surrounded Sasuke. My plan is to teleport myself in front of one of the mirrors and slice it to make it easier for Sasuke to get out, and prevent Haku from trapping anyone else in there.

Now, the difficult part is actually doing it.

After a few moments of me concentrating on teleporting myself, I appear in front of one of the mirrors. But instead of being on the ground, I was about a foot above the ground. I fell on my side and I groaned quietly to myself to avoid attracting attention to me. Sasuke noticed that I was there, and he was about to say something until I held a finger up to my lips, signaling for him to be quiet.

I stood up in front of the mirror and held the knife with both of my hands once again. I built up as much strength as I could in my eyes and threw my hands back and sliced the ice mirror.

Even though the slice I made was shallow, the ice starting melting and cracking from the root of the damage. Loud cracking noises came from the crumbling ice. The entire mirror broke into large pieces and once they hit the ground, it melted completely.

"Impossible!" Haku and Zabuza exclaimed. Honestly, I'm just as surprised as them. I wasn't expecting the knife to be that effective.

Haku quickly appeared in front of me and kicked me in my jaw, making my body soar backwards and the knife fly out of my hand. My back hit the ground with a thud. I could taste the blood in my mouth. Haku jumped towards me with the intent of punching me. I kick him in his chest with as much force as I can.

He stumbled back a little. I got up as quickly as I could, even though I was in a lot of pain. Haku continued charging at me, and wanting so badly to get out of his way, my instincts make me teleport behind him.

He stopped in his tracks, probably because of confusion. I took this opportunity to kick him in the side of his stomach. He stumbled to the side near the railings of the bridge. I charged at him with my hand in a fist, but instead of punching him I knee him in the stomach. Haku was obviously not pleased.

He punched my left cheek, then my right cheek, then right in my nose. Blood is trickling down my nose at this point, and my cheeks are busted. He grabs me by my kimono and throws me over the railing. My left hand grabs the railing and my other grabs Haku by his kimono.

"I'm sorry I have to do this," he says. Haku used one of his needles to stab my left hand. My hand instantly let go of the railing, but I kept my other hand wrapped around the fabric of his clothing. He used the same needle to slash my wrist.

My hand finally let go of him, and the sound of the roaring ocean gets closer and closer.