Witchcraft

I was shook.

Witch? A witch? Wow. Nows the time for someone to break down my cottage door, give me a homemade cake, and say, "You're a witch, Iris." Then give me my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Seriously, I feel like Harry Potter at the moment.

Maybe that's the reason I've been able to do certain things. This could be the reason for me being able to make things move without touching them, and teleporting, and bringing things back to life.

Wait, the box says they need to be able to open it. That a real witch could open this box. I flipped the little lock on the box and lifted the top. Before I could see what's inside, a voice disrupted me.

"Have we found something over here?" Kakashi sensei's voice says from behind me. I quickly close and lock back the box I had just found. I turn to look at him and smile innocently.

"Nothing much," I say. "Hey sensei, can you open this box for me really quick?"

He raised a single eyebrow at me. I could tell he was a bit suspicious of me. But I had to know if I'm what this box is saying I am. If he's not able to open it, then that really means it just can't be opened by anyone. Only by a witch. Only by me.

He struggled to bend down because of his knees probably, that's why he got those crutches. He flipped the lock and tried to lift open the box cover, but it looked stuck. Kakashi sensei raised his eyebrow again, and repeatedly tried to open the box, but was unsuccessful.

"Hm. It must be stuck."

"Yeah," I say, nodding. Then... it's true. "It probably is."

"Well," he said standing back up, leaning on his crutches. "Make sure you continue your training. You may have reached the top of the tree but you've got to keep practicing your chakra control."

"Okay, sensei. In a minute. I promise."

He gave one more suspicious glance at me then walked off. I turn back to box. I used both of my hands and lifted the cover of the box with ease. On the cover of the box, there was a book inside a red velvet pouch. The whole inside was red velvet. I pulled the old, vintage looking book out of the pouch. It read "Spells" on it with a ate surrounded by a circle in the middle of it. I opened it and was surprised to see it was also in english. Some of it though. Some of the words I couldn't even pronounce. Probably Latin.

I placed it back in its pouch and went for the thing next to it. It was being secured by a stretchy strap. I pulled it and examined it. It felt cold in my hands. It was made out of gold and had pretty blue, pink, and purple gems decorating it, and had beads hanging off of it. There was a large emerald green, crystal like-looking handle, and I pulled it. My eyes widened at the large dagger in my hand. My fingers touched the sharp edges of knife lightly then placed it back in its hold.

Once I've put the knife back, I started looking at everything else. There was a tray made out of gold at the bottom of the box with little vials in them. I pulled out several of them, all labeled with weird and disturbing names. Some were filled with dried up plants and some filled with liquids. Next to the tray was another book. It was placed in sideways, where only the spine of the book showed. I took the book out and checked them cover, which read "Potions". I really am in Harry Potter, aren't I?

I opened the book and scanned the pages, seeing instructions to make some potions, such as love potions, sleeping potions, and even some potions that cures diseases. I put the book back as I found it and looked at the rest of items. There was a clay, emerald green bowl with a wooden herb crusher inside, a small black cauldron with a handle and small black spoon next to it, and some very colorful candles.

"Wow," I whisper to myself. "I'm a witch." I look back at the rest of my team, who were all still practicing their chakra control, while our sensei is sitting in his branch, reading his little orange book. I close and lock the box and bring it over to my tree. I'm going to bring it back home with me, that's for sure.

***

"Sakura, since you've already climbed your tree, go to the bridge and guard Tazuna," Kakashi sensei ordered. "Sasuke and Naruto can stay here and continue practicing. I'll be headed back to the house."

"I'll come with you, sensei," I say. I pick up the newly discovered box and jog up to him.

He eyes the box suspiciously. "Why do you still have that? Are you planning to pry it open? You must be really curious."

"Well, I need to ask you about something, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead."

"What do you know about witchcraft?"

Kakashi stopped in his tracks. His body stiffened and he tightly grasped his crutches. After a few seconds, he continued walking. "I don't know much, only that they can be deadly. Killing people with the flick of their finger, brewing up potions that could do all sorts of things, it's terrifying. They could make the strongest of shinobi quiver. The stories about witches that has been passed down throughout the generations can make anyone who's heard them run with their tails tucked between their legs. The only time the Great Nations sort of worked together were to wipe them all out. The shinobi world hasn't seen a witch in decades. And that's about all I know."

I stared at him with wide, fearful eyes. I'm starting to reconsider telling him about this box. But something tells me that I could still trust him to at least keep it a secret.

"Kakashi sensei," I say, stopping in my tracks. "If I tell you something, can you promise me that you won't tell anyone else about this, at least until I'm ready. And that you won't treat me any differently. I think I've been through that enough in the short time I've been here. Can you promise me?"

Kakashi sensei stopped, and looked at me with concern. "I promise."

I gulped. "I... there's a little message on this box that I picked up. And it says that this box can only be found, opened, and used by a witch. And-" I placed the box on the ground and opened it, to show him that I was able to open the box. I looked up at him and his visible eye was wide and full of shock, and a bit of fear.

I locked the box and stood up straight. "And I have this strange ability to move things with my mind, and I could go from one place to another in a split second, like teleportation, and I could even bring things back to life." Then, as if he knew I was talking about him, Buddy flew into my shoulder. "Like this bird. I brought him back from the dead. I think I might be a witch."

Kakashi sensei continued staring at me. He continued walking to the Tazuna's house. "Pick up that box and hurry. We need to talk privately."