Revelation

After our long, quiet walk to the tower, we finally made it. Just a few seconds after we reached, Kabuto's teammates came out of the woods. Our teams went our separate ways and went through our doors into the tower.

We entered a large, empty room, with nothing but two balconies on either side and some writing on the wall that I obviously couldn't understand.

"What does that say?" I ask, pointing towards it. It still seemed like they were scared of me, since their bodies tensed up a little after I spoke.

"It says," Sakura spoke. "If qualities of heaven is your desire, acquire wisdom to take your mind higher. If earthly qualities is what you lack, train your body and prepare to attack. When heaven and earth are open together, this perilous path will become righteous forever. This something is the secret way that guides us from this place today."

"This what?" Naruto questioned. "Is that supposed to be a secret, too?"

"I think this means we're supposed to open the heaven and earth scrolls now." Sasuke took out the earth scroll and I took out the heavens one. We gave it to Sakura and Naruto, who both cautiously opened the scrolls.

I'm not exactly sure what it was, but the symbol in the middle looked like the fire symbol. And in hat spot, a small ball appeared to be coming out of it. Smoke was coming out of the top of it.

"It's a summoning jutsu," Sasuke exclaimed. "Quick, get rid of the scrolls!"

Naruto and Sakura both threw the scrolls, and more and more smoke seemed to be coming out of it. There was large "bang" sound. When the smoke disappeared, it revealed our old teacher from the ninja academy- Iruka sensei.

"Hey," Iruka said. "Long time no see."

***

After talking about the exam just a little and what the writing on the wall meant, we said our farewells to Iruka and walked into an even larger room with more balconies and a large statue with a pair of hands in a hand sign.

In the room was 18 other exam participants, the team senseis, and four ninja on either side of the Hokage, who stood in the center of the room.

"First of all," Anko started. "Congratulations on completing the second exam." I looked around more at the ones who passed. All the rookies are here, that sand village guy and his team are here, those sound village jerks are here, too, sadly. And Kabuto and his team, of course. I'm especially happy to see Rock Lee and his team made it, as well.

"All right, maggots listen up," Anko continued. "Lord Hokage is going to explain the rules of the third exam."

The Hokage stepped forward and cleared his throat before he began speaking. "First, before I tell you what the third exam entails, I must first tell you something about the test itself. I'm going to tell you about the true purpose of this exam. Why do you suppose we hold these exams in conjunction with our allies? It is to raise the ability of our shinobi and increase friendship between the allied nations. But the true purpose of these exams are, so to speak..." He paused and removed his pipe from his mouth to exhale a puff of smoke. "They are representations of the battles fought between the allied nations.

"The allied nations used to be enemies who constantly fought for power. In order to not weaken each other's military strength meaninglessly, those nations selected their best warriors to fight in mutually selected locations. That's how the chunin exams started."

I dozed off after a while, trying to think about what will come next after this exam. I looked around the a room a bit more and saw a screen high up on the wall. I'm sure it's not a tv screen, probably one of those screens that shows worlds on it or something.