Rookies

"Alright, that's enough!" a gruff voice yelled. It broke me out of my daydream and I looked to see that the voice was coming from a giant... red... tortoise. Or turtle?

I'm not sure what even happened, but Lee and Sasuke started falling in the air. WHAT DID I MISS?!

Rock Lee was landing fine, but Sasuke's fall looked like it would be painful. Without thinking, I held out my hand and focused on not letting Sasuke's hit the floor and keep him in the air. It worked. He stoppped falling, and I slowly lowered him closer to the ground. I released him when Sakura was there to catch him and lay him down.

"You were watching the entire time?" Lee asked the turtle. Or tortoise.

"Of course I was," the... creature responded. "That last technique is forbidden and you know that."

"In sorry. I did not mean to."

My eye dart back and forth to my teammates, then to Rock Lee, then to his animal friend. Is anyone else concerned or is it just me?

I walked towards Sasuke and Sakura, and Naruto followed as well.

"Is anyone else confused?" I asked them, furrowing my eyebrows at the strange scene before me.

"Yup," Sakura answered.

"Hey guys, that thing he's talking to is a turtle right?" Naruto asked.

"Of course it is!" said Sakura. "What did you think it was?!"

"Wait, isn't that a tortoise?" I asked. "'Cause the legs, it's- oh never mind."

"Anyways," Naruto continued. "Maybe turtles can be sensei, too!"

"How would I know if they could be sensei, too?!" Sakura yelled back. While they're wondering if animals can be sensei, I'm still trying to figure out if it's actually a tortoise.

"You're a disgrace!" the animal sensei lectured. "A shinobi never reveals his techniques, you know that! Are you prepared to take your punishment for your actions?"

"Yes, sir," replied Lee.

"Alright. Come out, Guy sensei."

In a puff of smoke, a man who looks like an adult version of Rock Lee stood on the turtle/tortoise's shell, doing a really weird pose.

"Hey what's shakin'? How ya doing everybody?" the man said. Oh my.

My team and I had the same horrified reactions. They're basically twins! Same hair, same clothes, same eyebrows!

"He's got the biggest eyebrows yet," Naruto said. "Now I see where Lee gets it from. Same soup bowl haircut and even bushier eyebrows."

Lee turned around furiously and yelled, "Do not insult Guy sensei! He is one of the greatest men in the entire world!"

"Well excuse my for not noticing his greatness! I was too busy watching him crawl out from under a turtle!"

"He did not crawl out!"

"Give it a rest Lee," Guy commanded. "It's time for your punishment!"

Guy sensei punched Lee right in his face, making him soar halfway through the room. My team and I, again, shared the same horrified reactions. Everything is escalating so quickly, I don't even know what's happening anymore.