Anaconda

After Sasuke lectures Naruto and I about being more careful, he starts talking to us about a code we'll have to use to prevent another unnecessary battle.

"Ok, we'll use this password that only the three of us know and we can't trust anyone who doesn't know it," Sasuke explains. "Listen closely. The question will be: when does a ninja strike? And the response is: a ninja waits till the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for the ninja to strike."

My mouth hangs open. He said a pass word. Not a pass speech. How am I supposed to remember all of that? And I'm already losing my memory.

"I thought it was gonna be a password, not a pass speech," Naruto says.

"Hey, I was just thinking the same thing," I say to Naruto.

"Are you two serious?" Sakura asks. "I memorized it easy, it's not that hard to get."

Sasuke stands up. "Ok, I'll take the scroll."

"Wait a minute, Sasuke-" Naruto's sentence was cut short when something grazed his right cheek, leaving him with another scratch. We all looked in the direction in cake from, and a large, powerful gust of wind blew our way. We all went flying into different directions.

When I hit the ground, the back of my head hit against a rock, causing me to groan in pain. I open my eyes and see everything is blurry and distorted. I touch the back of my head with my finger tips. My fingers are wet with a thick liquid, and when I examine them to the beat of my ability, I could see that they're red. Fantastic.

I stand up shakily and nearly fall back down. I caught myself and walked around the forest in search of my teammates. My eyes catch a blurry Sasuke and Sakura in the distance. I walk towards them and was greeted with kunai pointed at me.

"Stop right there," Sasuke commanded. "When does a ninja strike?"

My ears start to ring, and I hold the back of my head with my palm. "I don't have time for this, I need to sit."

"When does a ninja strike?!" Sasuke asks again, this time with more persistence.

"When the time is right, blah blah blah. Enemy sleeps and drops his guard, blah blah blah. When his weapons lay forgotten, blah blah blah. That's when the ninja strikes. Are you satisfied?"

"I think that's as close as she could get," Sakura says. I would say something witty as well, but my head hurts too much to respond. I sit on the ground while still holding the back of my head. This injury better heal itself soon.

"Hey, are you guys alright?!" Naruto yells while approaching us.

"Don't come any closer," Sakura demands. "What's the password?"

"Oh sure, no problem. A ninja waits when the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike."

Imposter. Naruto's memory is just as bad as mine. Or maybe I'm underestimating him?

Well, it seems I was right since Sasuke threw a kunai at "Naruto". The new imposter jumped out of the way.

"Why'd you do that?" Sakura questions. "He got the password right!"

"Exactly," Sasuke answers. "Do you really think Naruto would remember all of that?"

The imposter smiled sinisterly, and licked their lips with a strangely long, and familiar tongue. The weird tongue lady appeared after transforming back into her original state. Oh boy.