part 1

A special thanks to itsraining_again for editing this part. It was a great help❤❤. Thanks a lot for taking your important time and helping me out 🙂.

.....

Claire

Claire! Wake up, now!”

Claire twitched her brows and hid her face in the soft pillow more to avoid her mother’s boisterous shouting, which had been commencing for the past 20 minutes. Cuddling into the sheets more, she tried to sleep.

“Claire, you have 10 minutes. Either you come down yourself, or I will come up and it won’t be pretty!” From her mother’s voice, she knew she was losing patience and her temper was rising.

Hearing that, she jumped out of her precious bed, which she loved the most in the world except her family, of course.

She groaned at the thought of leaving her precious sleep, so with a sad pout, she entered the bathroom and came out after having a good bath.

She took out her towel and grabbed her matching black underpants, and wiped her wet hair with the towel while searching for the outfit to wear for the day.

“Should I wear this, umm no, then black, or-” SHe was talking to herself when she was cut off by her mother’s another angry shout.

“Claire, don't waste your time by just looking at your clothes. Get down, we are getting late!”

Her mother, Lauren Brown, was the proud owner of a small bakery that was loved by everyone in the locality. 

God! She mentally rolled her eyes exasperatedly. Why did she know her that much? She didn’t waste any more time and grabbed a green knee-length floral dress and brushed her hair after drying them.

She applied just a thin layer of eyeliner and her blush-pink gloss and smiled in the mirror after making silly faces. Claire never applied too much makeup, always relying on the natural beauty she inherited from her mother.

Hurriedly, she wore her dark brown boots and came out of her room with a small sling bag. In her hand was her cell, as she messaged her friend Kelsey to give her a ride to college while climbing down the stairs.

She entered the dining area to see no one around, being the first one to come down. She was angry.

I could have slept more. She grumbled inwardly.

Keeping her bag on the nearby table, she went to her mother. “This is not fair mom!” she complained with a cute scowl on her face.

Her mother smiled innocently at that, knowing how much her daughter loved her sleep.

“Good morning to you too,” Her mother said, placing a plate of cupcakes in front of her, knowing that Claire would melt at the sight of them.

A smile broke on her face, as expected by her mother and she forgot about her complaint.

“Mom, I love you!” she exclaimed, caging Lauren in her arms, while she just laughed at the crazy daughter’s antics and rubbed her back lovingly.

“Y’know, Ken will be pissed off. You owe me for this, young lady,” Her mother said, struggling to keep a straight face.

Claire’s happiness was doubled. Ken and she had made a bet yesterday, on whose favourite breakfast will be made. Looks like she had won it already!

“Of course mom. I can’t wait to see his face. You made my day!” This was Claire, finding happiness in the littlest things.

Lauren shook her head, thinking about her grown-up kids who always fought on silly topics.