Chapter 2

All throughout the next day, I rushed around the diner, baking more pies than I probably ever have in my life. I couldn't help it, I was just so nervous about Lulu's first day. I even named that day's special First Day Jitters pie, pitting every bittersweet thing I could think of in it.
After my third almost burned pie, one of best friends, Becky, finally asked me what was wrong. "Jenna," she exclaimed, "what is your problem?" You've been more jittery than a 5 year old on sugar, and you've burned 3 pies." "Yeah." My other friend, Dawn said. "It's not like you to burn pies. What's wrong?" "Almost burned." I corrected. "And I'm sorry, it's just-it's just it's Lulu's first day of middle school. I'm so nervous about it. I mean, what if she doesn't make any friends?What if she doesn't like her teachers? What if-" " Whoa Jenna, slow down." Becky scolded. "I'm sure Lulu will be fine. And besides, isn't time to pick her up?" I looked at the clock and swore loudly. "Sh*t. It's 2:45, I should've been there 15 minutes ago!" "Well then, go!" Becky exclaimed. "Yeah Jenna, we'll cover ya." Dawn called out as I raced out of the diner.
   I sat anxiously in the car line as I waited for Lulu to come out. I prayed that she was fine when I heard a car door open and close. "Hey Mama." Lulu greeted. "Oh, hi!" I exclaimed, nearly jumping out of my skin. "I didn't see you come up. How was your day?" "It was good." Lulu replied. "Do you have any homework?" I asked. "Just to memorize my locker combination." "Well that's good. Do you want to make a pie later?" I asked. "Yeah, but I'm sure  aunt Becky and aunt Dawn are gonna want to hear about my day first." Lulu said, laughing. I laughed too. "Yes, I'm sure they will."
    The minute we stepped into the diner, Becky and Dawn raced over, instantly bombarding Lulu with questions. "Girls, slow down!" I said, laughing. "Let the poor girl speak!" We all laughed and Lulu began to answer all of our questions. "Well, I like my teachers, and my classes, except math." "What's wrong with math?" Dawn interjected. "It's hard." Lulu replied. "Have you made any friends?" I asked. "Not yet." Lulu said. "But I'm sure I will ." "Alright, well let's get ourselves into the kitchen to make that pie." I said.
    That night, I sat in the kitchen filling out paper work for school, Lulu came into the kitchen. "Lulu!" I scolded. "You're supposed to be in bed!" "Yeah but," Lulu said looking concerned. "I will make friends. Right?" "Oh Lulu, I sighed. "Of course you'll make friends. It might take a little while, but you will, eventually. It's just, in middle school, everyone is so concerned about fitting in, they don't know who to talk to. And besides, you'll make some friends on the soccer team, right?" I asked her. "I guess." Lulu sighed. "Now, march yourself into your bed before I do it for you, okay?" "Okay." Lulu laughed.
    Oh god. I prayed. Please let my baby make friends. She can't survive without friends.  Just then, I came up with the special pie for tomorrow. Please let Lulu make friends pie. A traditional apple pie with extra sugar, and brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey on top. Yes, I decided . This will do it. Pies can work miracles. And my Lulu needs a miracle.

Whew, that was long. What do you guys think? I can totally see Jenna being a soccer mom, can't you? Comment down below what you think.