Chapter 31

The next few weeks were busy. Between the diner, taking Lulu to therapy on Saturday's, house hunting, and the twins, I was always doing something. Much to our dismay, neither Jim nor I could find a house that was perfect. It wasn't that we disagreed, we both just wanted a nice, comfortable, family home, but none of the houses really stood out to us.
We went out one Saturday to look at yet another house with our realtor, Wendy, since Lulu was in therapy and the house was near the place. I dropped her off and then drove to the house.
        When I drove up, I gasped. I'd only seen the outside, and I was already in love. The house was yellow, with stone accents, and had a large front porch and backyard, as well as beautiful landscaping. And the inside was even more wonderful, with spacious rooms that weren't too huge, and freshly painted walls and stainless steel appliances. There were 4 bedrooms, with a bonus/ office downstairs. "You like it?" Jim asked me. "I love it." I replied. "Well, it fits our budget, so I say we buy it." "Yes, let's." I agreed. So after a good half hour of paper work, the house was ours. Jim walked me back to my car and we talked. "So, now that we've gotten that out of the way, there's something else we have to do..." "I want to get married, and soon." I said. "But, I've always wanted a big wedding, since Earl and I just eloped, but it's so late for a big one." "Well, we could have a small one at the diner now, and then we could have a big one once the twins are born." Jim suggested. "That... is actually a great idea!" I said, laughing. "Thanks babe. Well, I've gotta get Lulu, so I'll see you around."
     I got Lulu and we headed home. "Hey Lu." I said. "Hi mama." She replied. "You get your cast off tomorrow, you excited?" I asked. "Yeah, I can finally play soccer again." Lulu said. "Hey, uh, what do you guys, uh.... talk about, in therapy?" "Whatever's on my mind." Lulu replied. "Oh, well, I have the thing at the Southern Home and Garden Show in two weeks, and I was wondering if you wanted to come." "Sure." "Great!" "Did you find a house yet?" Lulu asked. "Oh yes, we did. It's wonderful honey. It's yellow, with a huge backyard, and...."
      I rambled on about the house, and soon we were back at the old house.

Sorry it's short. I'm honestly just trying to get this thing finished. Bye.