Chapter 26

The next day was Monday, so I dropped Lulu off at school (I had checked to make sure she was okay with going) and headed to the diner. I was in a much better mood today, so I cheerfully danced around the kitchen, baking Something Good pies. I put one in the oven and turned towards Becky. "Hey, what's the date?" I asked. "Uh, The 17th, I think." "Wow, already?" I exclaimed. "Time had passed by so quickly!" "Yeah, it has. You finished your Christmas shopping yet?" "I haven't even started." I admitted. "Why don't you go after work?" Dawn piped up, walking into the kitchen with an order. I took it and sliced up some pie. "I could, but I can't bring Lulu. Someone would have to watch her." "I'll do it." Dawn volunteered. "Okay, then it's settled. I'll go." Dawn grabbed the pie and walked off, with me following since I had a station.
       I walked up to the table and did my usual speech. "Jenna?" The women said. I turned and my jaw dropped. "Isabella?" I asked. Isabella was Earl's mother, and I was certainly shocked to see her. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Getting some lunch." She replied. "Now let's see, I'll have an egg sandwich, coffee with heavy cream, and , a slice of the Something Good pie. Are you still making pies?" Isabella asked me, though it sounded like she was accusing me of making something awful. "Yes, as a matter of fact I do." I replied, my voice straining. "Oh, that's nice. I'd always liked your pies, though I am quite surprised you managed to make a career out of it." I took a sharp breath, but didn't say anything.
     "Your pregnant, I see." Isabella said, eyeing my stomach. "I'm assuming you found a nice man." "Yes, I did." "Where's your wedding ring?" She asked me. "I don't have one." I answered. I didn't care what she thought. After all, she didn't care when I told her what her son did to me. "Oh?" She said, raising her eyebrow at me. We stared at each other before she finally dismissed me.
          I stomped off to the kitchen, grabbing a slice of pie, and promptly spit on it. "Jenna!" Becky cried out when walked in on me doing it. "What are you doing!" "Don't worry, this is for someone special." I said smugly. "Who on earth could this be?" She asked. "Isabella." "Oh." Becky said. "Can I spit on it too?" We both laughed and I took the order out. I left it with Isabella and purposely avoided her table until she left. I collected the plates and was not surprised to find there wasn't a tip.
          I finished the day and headed off to the stores. I picked up the clothes for Jim and Lulu, as well as his shoes, which where on sale. I got Lulu a new soccer ball and her very own pie tin. I got Molly some new books and some stoking stuffers for both of the girls, which where just hair ties, makeup, candy, and gift cards. I drove to the local Verizon and picked out a nice phone case for Molly. As I walked up to checkout, I couldn't help but look at the phones. I knew Lulu wanted a smartphone, but I felt like I would regret it. I asked one of the workers what he recommended as a first phone. He showed me the iPhone 6s. "Not to old and not to new. And there's parental controls." He said. I ended up getting it, as well as a water/ crack proof case, since Lulu can be clumsy. I got some groceries as well, and headed to Dawns and  got Lulu.
       "You have a good day?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm science, the teacher cussed a kid out it was hilarious." "Was it now?" I asked laughing. "What was the kid doing?" "Being distracting." "Ah." "Well let's head home so we can eat dinner and do your homework, okay?" "Okay."

Hey! I hate fractions, and school, and people. But I do like Waitress, so I want to know who your favorite character in this story is. Let me know!