Chapter 28

I hadn't even been in the diner for 5 seconds when Becky and Dawn came rushing over. "We saw the post!" Dawn squealed. "Congratulations!" I laughed "Thank you!"  I walked into the kitchen and they followed me, pestering me with questions. "Are the girls okay with it?" Becky asked me as I pulled out a mixing bowl from the cabinet. "Oh, yeah, they are. We asked if they were okay, cause if they weren't we'd call it off, but after getting over the initial shock, Molly was thrilled that she and Lulu would be sisters. I think Lulu is still a little shocked over it, but I think she'll be alright." "Jenna," Cal said, poking his head into the kitchen. "What's the special pie today?" "Wedding Bells pie." I said with a smug smile. "Really, Wow! Can I see the ring?" I walked over and showed off the ring, which was a 14 karat diamond in a gold and silver diamond.
       Cal left and I shooed Becky and Dawn out so I could get to work baking.  I rolled out the dough, which was just a typical dough. I molded the dough into the pie pan, which was the one Jim had gotten me all those years ago. In a bowl, I mixed strawberries, and cream cheese. I poured the filling into the crust and made a lattice top crust. I had just put the pie in the oven when Becky popped in and said "Jenna, someone's calling you. I ran to my phone and picked it up. "Hello?" I said. "Hi, can I please speak with Jenna Schumer?" "This is she, how may I help you?" "This is Sonya Gehling from Redwood Counseling Services. I'm calling on behalf of your daughter, Lulu? I've managed to finally fit you in for an appointment with Martha, does Saturday work?" "Yes, it does, thank you." "Okay, we can do one, or three, which is better. "Um, three works." "Okay, great! We'll see you then." With that, she hung up.
       I went into the break room, where Lulu was sprawled out on the couch, watching tv. "Hey Lu, guess what?" "What?" She replied. "I finally got you that counseling appointment. It's on Saturday at three, isn't that great?" "Yeah, it is." I bit my lip. "Are you okay?" I asked Lulu. "I'm just worried that after you get married, Jim's gonna go cheat on you too." She admitted. "Oh Lulu." I said as I walked over to the couch and sat next to her, "I see why you would be concerned, but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. The whole affair thing is...... complicated. But, if Jim ever did cheat on me, he'd find out what it's like to have a pie tin thrown at you."
     Lulu laughed, and I left, but I couldn't help but think about what Lulu had said. Was there a chance that Jim would actually cheat on me, just as he had with Francine? The thought nagged at me for the rest of the day.

Hello! I'm all better now, thank god. I'm gonna start something called the question of the chapter. Okay, here's the first: QOTC- What's your favorite line from Waitress? Mine is "Coffee is on the bad foods list you gave me what kind of doctor are you?!" That's probably not the exact line, but it's close enough. Comment yours below! Bye!