Chapter 24

The next morning I was woken up by Jim gently shaking me. "Jenna, you should get up." He whispered in my ear. I slowly sat up and yawned, stretching my arms. I looked around the room, seeing all my friends. I started to ask what they were doing here but then I remembered. "I have to call the police!" I said, rushing up from the couch to grab my phone. I sat down on the couch and started to dial nine-one-one when I suddenly turned to Jim. "Wait, shouldn't you be with Molly?" I asked. "I'm having a neighbor check up on her." He explained. "Just like I should have." I muttered. "Hey, no one blames you, okay? It's not your fault." Jim said, trying to reassure me. I took a deep breath and finished dialing.
         "Hello, nine-one-one, what's your emergency?" The lady on the other end asked. "Hi,um, I called yesterday to report a missing person, and the man told me to wait 24 hours, so I did, and she still hasn't turned up." "Okay, thank you for calling back. I'm going to have you answer a few questions so we know what to look for and put on the amber alert alright?" "Alright." I responded. "Okay, so first, what gender is the missing person?" "Female." "And how old is she?" "Eleven." "What is her race?" "Caucasian." "How tall is she and how much does she weigh?" "She is 57 inches and 83 pounds." "Okay and what is her hair and eye color?" Strawberry blonde and green-blue eyes." "And how is this child built?" "Um, average, except for she has a little bit of muscle." "Okay and what was she last wearing." "A dark purple long sleeved shirt, a gray sweater on top, and jeans with black nike sneakers. Oh, and she has a plain white cast on her left arm." "And now finally, what is her name and where was she last seen?" "Her name is Lulu's Marie Schumer, and she was last seen at my house, but I have a feeling she could be at my exes." "And where does he live?" She asked. "Um, I actually don't know. I got a restraining order against him in 2007, so I have no idea if he still lives at the old address."
        The women made me provide the old address, just in case, and then I told her where I lived so the police could contact me. She ended the call and I leaned back against the couch. "You should take a shower." Dawn suggested. "It'll help you clear your mind. If the police show up while you're in there I'll let them know." I agreed and went off to take my shower. I stood in the water and let the stress of the past couple of days come flooding out. After I was done, I came out to see that everyone was helping to clean my house. "Oh, you guys didn't have to do that." I said. "Don't be silly." Dawn said, you shouldn't have to do anything right now. Why don't you just go and rest?" I went to my room and curled up on my bed and took a short nap.
      When I woke up once again, everyone was crowded around the window. "The police are here!" Becky cried out. I ran to the door and eagerly looked out the window. Sure enough, there was a police car parked outside, and two police officers were striding up the drive way. They knocked on the door and I opened it. "Yes?" I asked. "Hello, are you Jenna Schumer?" They asked. "Yes, do you have any news on my daughter?" I studied the officers faces, trying to figure out what kind of news I was getting. "Yes, we do. She was found alive and well about half an hour ago." I breathed a sigh of relief and Becky whooped. "Is she hurt?" I asked. "Other than a few bruises, she's fine. Your ex husband, Earl Hunterson, was arrested on charges of child kidnapping and resisting arrest." I nodded before suddenly realizing something. "Wait, where's Lulu?" I asked. "Since her arm was broken, we wanted to make sure there was no new damage too it. We'll drive you too the hospital to get her if you want." I said yes and walked out to the car, letting my friends now I'd be back soon.
        When we arrived at the hospital, Lulu was waiting in the waiting room with a nurse. I started to walk towards her, but she saw me first and ran into my arms. I laughed and breathed in her scent. "Hi baby." I said. "Hey mama." Lulu replied. I got the check in from the nurse, confirming that her arm was fine, and we were driven home. Everybody gave her big hugs when we arrived, but they left to give us some alone time, which I was grateful for. I let Lulu get settled on the couch, and prepared to ask her about what happened.

Hey! I'm not dying, I just have a bad cold. Do you like this chapter? I know it was long, but that's good, I guess. Hope you all had a great weekend!