Chapter 30

The day we got back went as usual, or so I thought. I bustled around the diner, baking pies and talking with my friends. Soon though, I discovered the day  was full of surprises. The diner had open for about an hour when I noticed something. I tapped Becky on the shoulder. "Hey where's Dawn?" I asked. "Is she not coming, she never said anything." "I don't know, she never told me anything either." Another hour had passed before Dawn finally showed up. "Where have you been?" I scolded her. "You need to tell me if you're late!" "Sorry!" Dawn apologized. "I lost my phone and I haven't been feeling well recently. But it's fine, don't worry about me! How was your trip?" I let Dawn change the subject, but I exchanged a look with Becky, as we both knew what was up with Dawn. We all finished up our shifts and then Becky and I pulled Dawn into the bathroom. "Jenna, what-?" She screeched out. "I know you're pregnant, Dawn." I said. "You only get sick when you're pregnant. Dawn sighed. "Alright, there is a good chance I could be pregnant, since I took 5 pregnancy test and they were all positive, but you know I only really trust the doctors, so I'm probably not." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Oh, Dawn. Look, I've been in this position before, and it'll be okay. I know it seems tough when you don't want a baby, but you're a great mother, you can do this." Dawn smiled. "Thank you, Jenna. It's just, I wanted to wait until Benjamin was a little older before I had more kids, and I don't know if I can handle a 6 year old and a new born." "I understand, but Becky, Ogie, all your friends and I, are all more than willing to help you. So remember, you're gonna be okay." Dawn hugged me and left to finish her lunch.
        About an hour before I was supposed to leave for my 20 weeks appointment, I got a phone call. I did my usual speal and then waited for the lady to answer me. "Hi, Jenna. This is Marlene Potter from the southern home and garden show. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in doing a conference on your pies." "Oh, um, yes! Certainly! What day will I be doing this?" "March 19th." "Okay, that works great, thank you so much for letting me do this!" "You're very welcome. Now, if we could exchange emails to keep in touch better, that would be great." I did and practically everything skipped I was so happy when I met Jim at the clinic.
       "My, you're happy." He said, laughing as he greeted me with a kiss. "Because I was just asked to do conference at The Spring Home and Garden Show." I told Jim. "Wow, Jenna, that's great! And you know what else is great?" "What?" I asked. "I got in touch with that realtor agent, and she agreed to meet with us on Saturday!" "That is great!" I replied. The nurse then called my name, and Jim and I went back for the big appointment.
        After asking me some questions, the doctor and the nurse set up the ultrasound. "Now, you two want to know the genders, correct?" He asked. "Correct." I replied. "I don't like surprises, most of the time." I said, looking at Jim. He laughed and we settled down to look. After observing the babies for a few moments, the doctor took some notes, and finished the ultrasound. "Well, everyone seems to be healthy, so we're gonna file the notes, give you the envelope, and then you can get on your way!" The doctor said.
        We gathered our things and got the envelope, then returned to my house , where we had invited everyone over for the big reveal. We all chatted and ate dinner, and then it was time. Everyone gathered in the living room and Jim and I sat down on the couch. I took out the envelope and slowly opened it. "They're going to be.... both!" I read out. Everyone laughed and congratulated us. "I wanted two more girls." Molly huffed out. "Well, I wanted some more boys, so we'll just have to compromise on this, okay?" Jim said. "Okay." Molly agreed. "We all laughed and the attention turned towards names. "Well, we don't know what we are naming them yet, but Jim and I have a good few months to think about it, don't we?" "Well, we're planning on having your baby shower in April, so you can't wait too long." Dawn said. "Dawn! They weren't supposed to know!" Becky scolded. We all laughed and soon everyone had gone home, and Lulu and I went to bed.

Question of the chapter: What are some name ideas for the twins? Comment them below. I have to go do homework, so bye! Have a great week!