08

Do Not Go GentleChapter Nine{3x20}

Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter Nine
{3x20}

Lucy was walking through the gym hall with Caroline and Elena to the table that had all the equipment that needed to be set up. Today was the 20's decade dance and Lucy was really excited for it, Klaus was her date.

Caroline flipped her blonde, soft hair over her shoulder. She had a clipboard in her hand since she was in charge of preparations as Rebekah was missing, something she was clearly annoyed by.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked, trying to clear the confusion both her and Lucy were thinking.

"I just...I wish there was something I could do." Elena responded

"Yeah I'm sure everyone does, especially Damon, he would want his drinking buddy back instead of having to deal with this murdering thing" Lucy sighed which Elena nodded before picking a chandelier.

"Where do you want me to hang this thing?" Elena asked, hanging onto the chandelier

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline scoffed before handing the chandelier to a passing by student.

"You didn't dagger her this time, did you?" Lucy whispered to Elena, even though Lucy has forgiven Elena, she was wary every time Rebekah goes missing and instantly her mind goes to Elena.

"Yes I'm sure, I'm really sorry about that" Elena apologised with a sigh, she didn't think Lucy would've gotten close to Rebekah as she is now.

"Just no!" Caroline berated once she saw Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars on the ceiling. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh!" Matt commented as both him and Jeremy started laughing.

"Look at them all bromancy" Caroline rolled her eyes playfully to Lucy and Elena

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill." Elena responded

"That was nice of him." Caroline replied "Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked "I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that" Lucy grinned.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it." Elena commented with a smile.

"What are friends for?" Lucy said, looking around to see if Rebekah showed up.

"So who are you bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked as Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck "What do you mean? I thought you, me, Bonnie and Lucy were going as girl dates" Elena said, a little confused.