five

yoongs: sent 4:21 am
um, hi

kookieboi: sent 4:25 am
r u drunk, again?

yoongs: sent 4:27 am
no. i'm just in a shitty mood plus i'm cold af

kookieboi: sent 4:31 am
let's talk.

yoongs: sent 4:32 am
like on the phone?

kookieboi: sent 4:34 am
yes, hyung

yoongs: sent 4:35 am
uh, okay. i'll send my number...

yoongi waited a few minutes, as he shivered under the covers which engulfed his figure from the cold atmosphere of his room. as his phone vibrated beside him, he felt his heart began to race.

he'd known jungkook for more than a month or two but he'd never heard nor seen him before and vice versa.

yoongi pressed the green button on his screen and pressed the phone to his ear. he covered his face, up to his eyes, in anticipation, then a soft voice came through the opposite line.

"hyung?"

jungkook's voice was soft and quiet, it soothed yoongi's heart with only one word.

"jungkook."

yoongi couldn't help the croak in his voice as he spoke jungkook's name.

jungkook chuckled on the opposite line and shuffled around before he spoke again in the same soft tone.

"hyung, how are you?"

"i'm fine."

"hyung, are you lying?"

"no."

"be honest."

"yes."

"yoongi, do you wanna talk about it?" the line went silent which caused jungkook's breath to hitch in his throat.

"when i first met him, i told myself that i wouldn't get involved with him, i didn't have the energy nor the time to. honestly, i still don't, but he was good to me and i fell for his words. eventually, i found myself falling for him. that didn't last long. turned out that i'm just a rebound that he can't seem to throw away."

"yoongi."

"jungkook, i didn't choose this life, but all of this unnecessary pain is a part of what i get for choosing him."

yoongi inhaled deeply, he suppressed a sob as he cried silently. he'd never told anyone, not even taehyung, about his pain and he couldn't help but suffer as jungkook kept silent on the opposite line.

"hyung," jungkook's voice was once again soft and contained."i want to say i'm sorry but i know that it won't end your suffering. i want to save you and get to know the yoongi that isn't all that broken. i can't say that i understand because i don't, but please help me understand."

"okay, but you don't need to feel bad for me. this isn't your burden to carry."

"but, i can't ju-"

"i don't need you to feel bad for me. like you said, it won't end any of my suffering or pain."

"o-okay, hyung."

"i have to go, bye."

called ended

🥀
please don't go