seventeen

jungkook paced through his bedroom as he grabbed random clothes and threw them back down. he searched frantically for a quick outfit to throw on in order to leave the house and see yoongi.

he ran to his bathroom and brushed his teeth and took a quick shower at the same time. he found a pair of ripped pants and a black shirt before he slipped on a beanie.

he grabbed his small travel bag from his closet and paced through the hall and into jimin's view, who sat on the sofa engulfed in his phone. jimin looked over to jungkook with worry. the younger still in search of something.

"kookie." he shook his head in disapproval, "you shouldn't be running around like that."

jungkook looked around as if he couldn't see the older. his mind was already far too occupied to comprehend what jimin had said and a light burning could be felt in his lungs. he threw a smile to the older in an attempt of acknowledgement.

jimin stood up from his warm spot on the sofa and gave jungkook a small pill from an orange bottle. the younger sighed and took the pill with annoyance.

"don't treat me like a child, hyung. i could've found it myself." jimin only sighed knowing that jungkook would have misplaced his medication. nonetheless, he nodded, as he expected the retort that he'd received.

jimin took notice to jungkook's bag on his shoulder and money sticking from his pocket. "you're not running away again are you?" he stated jokingly.

jungkook chuckled at jimin's question knowing that the older was trying to make him smile. "no, i'm visiting someone at the hospital."

understanding jungkook's motives, jimin reminded him to take a mask and muttered something about the air not being good for his lungs. jungkook nodded and headed toward the door, thoughts of yoongi clouded his mind.

when jimin asked him if he wanted a ride to the hospital he only denied the offer before quickly leaving the house with a soft goodbye. jimin sighed with worry.

jungkook ended up on the train to the hospital, and stopped at a flower shop to get yoongi flowers with the little money which he could find.

when he finally reached the hospital he was nearly out of breath and his head was pounding. he sat outside for a minute as he caught his breath. he had been so caught up with yoongi that he hadn't even noticed just how cold it was.

with what little courage he still had jungkook entered the hospital, he received yoongi's room number from a sweet secretary and made his way to the assigned room.

by the time that he had reached the occupied room his hands were clammy and a light layer of sweat had accumulated on his forehead. he knocked on the door and received chilled words from the other side.

"what?"

jungkook chuckled a bit and relaxed. he didn't have any reason to even be nervous, it was going to be a breeze. he entered the room, the flowers clutched at his side.

there yoongi laid in all his broken glory. a small smile reached his eyes once he spotted jungkook.

"looks like you're dying."

jungkook only chuckles halfheartedly. he knew all too well the reality of those words. he walked over to yoongi and gave him the bundle of flowers, his usual bunny smile made itself visible.

yoongi chuckled at the sweet gesture, flowers were something he'd never received before. "i'm not dying, so i'm not sure why you got these."

"you're the same as usual, and aren't you supposed to give people flowers to say get well or something."

yoongi only shrugged and sighed, as he sat up in the bed. his whole body ached. he wasn't sure where to start yet he had so many things that he wanted to say.

the two talked for hours until jungkook became tired. it was the side effect of the medication which he had received.

as he felt sad that he would have to leave soon jungkook laid his head on yoongi's legs and puffed out his cheeks. yoongi smiled and patted his cheeks.

"you're just like always, adorable."

jungkook scowled at his hyung before he stood up and stretched. he spoke his goodbyes to yoongi as he gathered himself. the older only nodded in content.

jungkook left the room and received a text from jimin asking him if he were alright. jungkook, exhausted, texted his hyung asking him if he could pick him up. at times like that he was especially thankful for jimin's entire existence.

he sat outside the hospital with a smile on his face. he was elated for the first time in a long time. his heart still pounded from meeting yoongi.

🥀
i'm not sure if that was even good