forty-seven

after the funeral it had been three months until anyone had entered his room besides yoongi. the other five of jungkook's closest friends were too overwhelmed to enter the bedroom.

the talk of cleaning out his room had been brought up many times to which each were hesitant of. yoongi had been the only one to attempt to clean out the room but the job seemed impossible as jungkook had more things then he needed.

days later the six friends sat in the room. tears were nearly falling from their eyes as they began to pack up photo albums and get well soon cards. as taehyung cleared off the bed he came across a blue bunny that he'd gotten jungkook on his nineteenth birthday.

yoongi sat on the floor with a large box of jungkook's clothes in front of him. he closed up the box with a shaky breath and scribbled a few letters on the box in sharpie.

'yoongi's'

jimin looked over to yoongi who sat peacefully and smiled. "hyung, are you taking that?" yoongi nodded his head and quirked a small smile.

they continued on there individual work each reminiscing of their days spent with jungkook. they laughed together a they viewed some pictures tacked to the wall.

one picture caught seokjin and hoseok's eyes. it was a photograph of a hill that looked down on the whole town. the morning sun sat beautifully on the horizon. seokjin flipped the photograph over and scribbled in jungkook's handwriting read 'let's go here.' seven tickets were taped to the back of the picture.

hoseok gathered everyone's attention as seokjin held out the picture with a smile. "should we go here?" they all got a good view and nodded.

"i think he would've liked that," taehyung whispered as he examined the photograph.

yoongi stood silently as he blinked to suppress his tears. he remembered jungkook bringing up that place when he'd asked what he wished for. tears cascaded down his cheeks as he grasped at his shirt, his heart pained.

"he wanted to go there. he wished to go there before he died." yoongi chocked on a sob and fell to the floor. at that moment he felt it, he felt it hard. he felt the emptiness in his heart, the cold atmosphere around the room.

namjoon went over to comfort yoongi but he only pushed him away. "don't." his words sounded broken and barely audible. "don't touch me."

yoongi grabbed the box of things that he'd wanted and left the room, the front door being opened and then slammed closed. it left an inevitable silence between the other men as they continued to clean the room.

"there's nothing we can do." seokjin whispered out softly. "he has to grieve. we all do."

after jungkook's room had been cleaned the guys had split. they hadn't visited each other for good times sake nor had they gone to that sacred place that jungkook wished to visit.

they'd inevitably fallen out. yoongi lost his way and nearly forgot himself. jimin and hoseok left to go abroad in different dance competitions around the world. namjoon and seokjin moved in together and got married. and taehyung wasn't there for yoongi like he promised jungkook he would be. but who could blame him.

weeks passed like days and years passed like months and still the group of friends hadn't spoken to each other. the seven train tickets and picture had been the only thing left in the room when jimin moved out of the apartment. forgotten and unbothered.