9

Jonah's POV
My dad comes back with no groceries. So I ask him why he doesn't have any food with him and he says that he left it in the car and would get it later. I was about to text Mikayla and see how her day has been going so far.

Then I hear a knock on the front door and I go answer the door. It's most likely just some Girl Scouts trying to sell us thin mints and didn't really want to answer the door. My mom yells "Jonah, can you get the door please sweetie"

I got up and opened the door. It's Mikayla. "Surprise!!!" I hug her, give her a kiss and spun her around in my arms. I am so excited to see her.

Mikayla's POV
The door opens. It's Jonah. "Surprised!!!" He picked me up, spun me around and kissed me. I know it's only been a day without him but I knew I couldn't make it without him. I am excited and my nerves went away. It was magical.

I look inside and see his parents recording this moment for us, them and the vlog. "What are you doing here?" Jonah asks extremely confused

"I came to surprise you, may I come in?" I replied "I'll tell you everything" Jonah turns and leads me to the dining room and his parents follow in. We sit down and I start talking about how I planned this and wanted to meet his parents.

"Wow" I can tell that he is happy that I'm here "you did this for me or did you just want to meet my parents"

"Both," I say then smiled "well are you going to give me introductions or at least a tour of the house"

"Sorry, I'll give you a tour and give introductions during the tour right now." He says and gives me a tour of the house and we do some introductions of his family.

After we are in Jonah's room and I decide to FaceTime Logan and see how it's going back in CA. He didn't answer. I decide to play Why Don't We music through his speaker and start singing the songs. He starts singing too. We do this for about 20 minutes just listening to Why Don't We. I turn to Jonah and asked "Do you like that I'm here?

"Yes I love it!" he responds and pecks me on the cheek. "Hey do you want to go to the mall after dinner"

"yes"

*time skip- after dinner*

"Ready to go to the mall, Kayla?"

I froze for 2 seconds when he said "Kayla". I was shocked to hear that name but I'm used to being called Kayla around my family and my ex. "yes" I responded. We walk out of his house and go to the mall.

Jonah's POV

I asked Kayla if she was ready to go to the mall and she freezes for 2 seconds and replies back. we left and go to the mall. I drive and it was silent till I asked her "are you okay?"

Her head turns to me " yes why wouldn't I be okay. like I'm with you"

"I'm wondering because you froze up when I gave you that nickname," I say in response "did something happen?"

"Sorry I froze up and I reject it now because we are having a conversation that I never wanted to have. I'll tell you later. Let's go have fun at the mall" the rest of the car ride was an awkward silence since the end of our conversation. I just kept on thinking why the reasons could be that she froze up and why she doesn't want to talk about it.

We arrive at the mall and get out of the car about 30 minutes later. "Mall of America I always wanted to go here," she says. If she is happy then I'm too but I'm still upset that she won't talk to me.

I hold Mikayla's hand as we walk into MOA. We go to Oakley first and then a few other shops. A few fans saw us and asked if we can take pictures with them, I agreed and then continued shopping. "I love you" I hear

"I love you too Mikayla Paul! You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You make my life so much better in so many ways. Even if we break up one day I still want to be friends" I kissed her cheek and we both continued shopping for a few more hours.

I drive back home with Mikayla in the car. She is about to fall asleep and I just let her. "I'll wake you when we get there"

We arrive and I decide to leave the bags in the car and to carry Mikayla inside. I place her down on my bed and I go change into something comfortable.

I hop in my bed and I text Logan if she has any background with her nickname, Kayla.
Jonah🎤: hey Logan

Logan📹💯: hey Jonah whats popping

Jonah🎤: nothing I just have a question for you

Logan📹💯: yeah ask me anything

Jonah🎤: did Mikayla have a bad past relationship? because I said "Kayla" earlier and she froze up for like 5 seconds

He doesn't answer my last text but instead, he decides to FaceTime me. I answer but I didn't want to wake up Mikayla so I moved into the living room.
Logan📹💯: yes

Jonah🎤: yes?

Logan📹💯: yes she had a bad relationship in the past

Jonah🎤: can you tell me what happened?

Logan📹💯: no that is her business to tell you and I am not your girlfriend so...

Jonah🎤: she won't talk to me though

Logan📹💯: I don't know how you would get her to talk but she doesn't show her emotions often but anyways i got a meeting to get to bye

We end the FaceTime and I go back into my room. I hop into bed next to Mikayla and stare at the ceiling. Eventually falling asleep.

Mikayla's POV
"STOP, STOP, STOP!!!" STOP!! I'm yelling for help at this point but no one can hear me scream and yell. I can't even run and I didn't save myself when I had a chance.

I am tied to a tree in a forest at night. Earlier I was... and I couldn't stop him. I can't stop him. I had a feeling this was a toxic relationship but didn't know it.

--
A/N

That last part is a dream

What do you think happen to Mikayla?

Do you guys like it so far and would you like a squeal once this book is finished?

Should I do more author notes after each chapter?

Finally a longer chapter don't you think

On a scale 1-10 how much do you love Why Don't We? You broke the scale

This girl I know thinks it's okay to tell me what is wrong with my insta post

This girl I know thinks it's okay to tell me what is wrong with my insta post. Like honey no that is my job and shots are now fired