Chapter Two.

Jasmine's POV. 

Having my stay at Mrs.Welkins house was fun. I wish I could've stayed longer , but I needed to leave. My mom was probably wondering where I was. 

"We had so much fun with you this weekend. I think Davis likes you." Carol said smiling.

"He's a good kid. He's smart too."

"Yes. That's my baby. But Jasmine you know you're welcomed here any time okay?"

"Thanks again. Your house doesn't feel the same as mine." I shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"I just hate being there. My mom doesn't want anything to do with , I had to find work myself.  That's why I am so grateful that you hired me." I smiled at her.

"Oh no problem. When Sheila comes back I'll see if you can be a co-assistant." She suggested.

"That'll be great!"

I was about to open the car door until she stopped me.

"Hey Jasmine , why don't come stay with us for a little but , just until you make enough money to buy you an apartment maybe?" She offered.

"Oh my goodness really? Thank you so much. I'll be happy to. My mom doesn't care , I'm sure. I'll have all my things here probably tomorrow after work. I just need a ride there."

She nodded , "You know we'll offer anything you need. You're a sweet girl.".

I went back inside the house and unpacked my clothes. I was happy to be here. I was happy to feel like I was apart of somebody's family.

Getting into Howard was easy , I had full ride scholarship to any school of my choice and I only went to Howard because my dad went there. He's somewhere out of town with his new family. He left my mom because she gave up on her family. Everybody started to give up on her. I was the only child , but I never really had a childhood , I had to take care of my mom all my life because she wanted to use drugs to fix her problems. 

"Hey , what do you want for dinner?" Mr.Welkins asked knocking at my door.

"Chinese food would be nice. Or pizza." I shrugged.

"I was thinking pizza too." He smiled then left out.

Mr.Welkins was one of my role models. The things he designed were incredible. He was also very handsome too. Carol is a very lucky man.

"Uno out!" Davis said . We were playing uno while we waited on Mr.Welkins to bring the food home.

"Jasmine , tomorrow , I want you to work on that same piece you sis the other day with the flower pattern , I think we can make copies and sell those for double the price." Carol said.

"Okay. But my pieces don't have a price."

"How much would you sell it for?" 

I shrugged ," I don't know , maybe sixty dollars."

"Oh honey , your work is worth more than sixty dollars. Maybe it's worth one hundred and sixty dollars."

I smiled , "Yeah. I think so too."

When Davon entered with the food , I was so ready to dig in.

"I haven't had this pizza before.  It's so good !"

"I go to the pizza shop downtown. The expensive kind." Davon said chewing his food.

"It's pretty good. " Carol said.

I stared at the way Davon chewed. It was weird , but he was sexy .

"I'm tired. I think I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed." I said yawning.