Chapter Ten.

6 MONTHS LATER-----------

CAROL'S POV--------

It's been six months since Davon and I was divorced , and I was happy to say that the divorce was final. I threw a big party and had a good time.

I moved in with James and sold my home. I feel like moving with him was a big step , but it took me some time to adjust to a new man , and a new home for the third time.

This weekend , Davis was going over his dad's, so I had to drop him off as usual.

"What have you and your dad been doing on the weekends?" I asked , while we were driving.

"Sometimes we go to the movies , out to eat , it depends." Davis says.

"Does daddy have a girlfriend?" I asked , just curious.

"Yeah. Her name is Alonna. She's nice. Really nice."

"Oh yeah? Does she buy things?" I asked.

"Sometimes. If I ask." He said.

When we pulled up , I couldn't wait to find out who this Alonna girl was. I hope she's of age unlike Jasmine's ass.

"Hey Carol , how are you?" He asked , helping Davis get his bag.

"Hello Davon. I am good what about yourself?" I asked.

"Doing good. Can't complain." He said , smiling. He was glowing.

"That's wonderful. So , who is the new lady Davis has been telling me about?" I asked , stepping onto his porch.

"Alonna? She's in the house. Do you want to meet her?" He asked.

"Sure. I guess."

He invited me into the house. I haven't been into this house in months , and I never wanted to come back inside of it , but I need to know who has my son been around.

A few minutes later , a pretty and short lady came out from the kitchen , pregnant as ever.

My eyes widen. She's pregnant? I wonder why Davis didn't tell me.

"Hello. You must be Carol. I'm Alonna it's nice to meet you." She said , smiling and shaking my hand.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you Alonna. How did you and Davon meet?" I asked.

She smiled and looked at him, "Davon hired me into the company ,that you left. Uh , we became close within those months I've been working there and here we are!"

"So you're pregnant huh? Do you know what you're having?" I asked.

"A baby girl. I'm so happy! " She said jumping up and down.

"That's fantastic. She's gonna be beautiful. Well I have to get going , got a boyfriend to feed , so yeah. Congrats on the baby, and I'll just go." I said getting up quickly.

"Wait Carol let me walk you out!" Davon said following behind me.

I felt those tears rushing , they wanted to fall so bad. So so bad. But I didn't let them. I couldn't let him see me cry.

"Carol?!" He stopped me.

"What?!" I said with attitude.

"What's wrong with you? Why were you acting nonchalant about everything?"

"Why are you asking me this? Go back to your happy family. I'm tired of this. We shouldn't have anything to talk about unless it's about Davis right?!" I yelled.

"You're right , but I still care about you. You know that. Divorced or not , I still love you. I want to know what you're feeling." He said.

"Well I'm feeling like I need to leave. I have nothing to say!"