Chapter One

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"No, I'm not," her agent Kristen Flinch reassured her best-selling author Andie May. The Sheikh super romance writer, who had filled a gap that had been missing for years with a touch of adventure, drama, and lots of romance. Epics that swept across the desert sands with Alpha male heroes, feisty women, and not a blond in sight.

"Hollywood wants me," she gasped.

"Um, not quite Hollywood."

"Bollywood?" She enquired, not so sure.

"No, a film company in Dubai, backed by a very rich producer, who wants to turn your book into a film." Kristen paused, taking a deep breath. "He wants you to do the rewrites for the film."

Dazed, Andie dropped into a chair, amazed she was still standing. "I'm not sure. I don't do film scripts. I need to think this over. What if I don't go?" She asked, running her teeth over her bottom lip.

"There is a chance he might pull his backing. He made it very clear you had to do the rewrites. As he said, you're the expert on the story, and he wants you."

"Great, just great, so if I don't go, my book stays a book, and people would lose their jobs. That's a bit unfair. Isn't it enough, I wrote it? Which book?"

"Strangers in the Sands." Great, just great. One of her favourites was set in the United Arab Emirates desert. Probably why they were filming there.

"And who is this man?" Please let it be one of those old men with too much money to burn. Probably doing it for his mother or daughter. Her books were quite popular in the Arab lands.

"A backer of the film company."

"So I would be working with the countrymen of the area." She twitched her nose, well that wasn't going to work so well. They would never agree on anything! The cultural difference would be huge and vast as the sands of the desert itself.

There was rustling of paper on the other end. "Half and half. There are few choices for leads. I send you the photos; he said it was really important that you approve the actors."

"What?!" She squeaked. Was he crazy? What did she know about picking out actors to play the parts? "Listen, Kristen, I need to think about this. When do you need to know by?"

"As soon as possible."

Shaking her head, Andie chewed on her bottom lip. "I'd let you know," she said softly and closed down the phone, placing it on her desk. She pushed away, stood, and walked around her special-themed room, surrounding herself with everything Middle Eastern. 

Persian rugs, gauzy whimsical curtains over the windows, large cushions, and bookcases filled with books, reading, travelling, and research, she had bought over the years. One must not forget her collections of camels. Potted fake palms in the corner, Moroccan-styled hanging lanterns. Everyone had thought her a little bit strange, but it always put her in the right mood for writing.

Andie patted one of the camel's head. "So what do you think Kismet? Shall I go? To finally see the real Dubai." She was in two minds about going. All her stories came from her imagination, beautiful pictures on the internet, or travel books, using facts, and their culture, but kept religion out of it on both sides, because it was always about love. 

True love between two people.

She was scared; if she went to Dubai it could shatter all her dreams in real life. 

Of course, she knew what she wrote wasn't real, but how she visioned the land of sand. The way she saw her tall, dark breed of Sheikhs. Of course, they didn't exist out of her special world of make-believe.