Chapter Eight

After the filming was done for the day, they headed back to the resort. Their scriptwriter is long gone, much to Miles's disgust. He needed to talk to Shihab about taking her off-site when he needed her. 

The two main actors, headed towards their private car, hot and dusty.

Once back at the resort, Miles found Andie back in her room, working on the rewrites, and handed them over to him. "I don't want you leaving the set Andie. I need you there at all times."

"Oh, sorry, it won't happen again. I wasn't thinking clearly. Shihab asked me to fill him in on the shooting, and we went for coffee. I had no idea he meant back here."

"Make sure it doesn't happen again," he gave her a brisk nod and departed. Andie closed the door, feeling guilty, because nothing was brought up about any shooting. She was just glad to have Shihab back in his life.

Miles found Shihab in the screening room, watching the scenes already shot in the two days he had been away. Miles settled behind him. "That was naughty of you, taking my scriptwriter away," he growled in his ear.

"Well, I needed her. Have you seen these yet?"

"Some, not all."

"Sit down and tell me what you see."

They went over the shoots, all of them. Shihab went from one to another, back and forth, repeating two separate clips. Same scene, but so different. Their first kiss scene. Stunned, he looked at the director, who did have the last say.

"Tell me you cannot see it," Shihab challenged.

"Whatever she said changed it, more sensual."

"That is all she wanted," he promised. "That was amazing. I think they need to see it."

Miles frowned. "Who?"

"The actors." They were brought in to see the two scenes of the same scene and were blown away, sensing the depth.

"How?" Kathie asked.

"That is after Andie's talk, explaining what was behind it. She's not telling you how to do your job, just what you need to know how to play the part. She chose you two for the parts." They looked at each other, having no idea.

The actors left and walked through the resort, heading back towards their rooms.

"There's nothing we can do about it," Levi the Brazilian-born actor complained.

"Why?" Kathie Cruise the American actress asked.

"Because he is paying and what he wants, he gets. It has nothing to do with her talent."

"She did write the book."

"Complete romantic crap. He's doing this to bed her. Not that she's that good-looking or a model, so don't see it personally."

Unbeknown to them, Andie was just strolling through the resort and saw them, rushing towards them, wanting to express what a wonderful job they were doing. She stopped dead.

The usual story, Andie noted, of course, they were talking about her and Shihab. She was a joke and always had been, but what upset her the most, was the way they had talked about Shihab. After all, he was paying, and that had nothing to do with the other. 

Angrily, she stormed up to them. They blanched at the sight of her, paling.

"Say what you like about me, but don't you dare put Shihab down!"

There was silence, and then Levi leaned back against the resort's wall, crossing his arms. "Ask yourself, why are you here? Why do you have a say? No writer does."