Chapter Twenty-Two

Andie clasped Shihab's hand tightly as they headed out towards the set. It was good to be back, however, had seemed like a lifetime ago, not just days ago. So much had changed, since she had left with Shihab. 

Shihab glanced across. "Don't worry, my love, it's going to be fine." She nodded, of course, it would be, but she was bursting with happiness and love. He rubbed a finger over her wedding and engagement ring. "Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"They are never going to leave my finger again," she vowed.

"You did want to keep it a hush-hush secret," he reminded her

She clasped his arm with her free hand. "No way. I never thought I would ever feel this kind of love for anyone as I do you, so why would I want to keep that a secret."

He touched her chin, lifting it towards him and kissed softly. "You do take my breath away Andrea May and I would have to call you, beloved, while around others, since I can't use your real name."

"Once we are done here, it won't matter, and I don't mind being called that at all," she smiled up at him. Not one little bit. His phone rang and he answered. Back to business, so she just snuggled up against him as they cross the desert towards the oasis.

Miles grabbed her as soon as she stepped out of the car. "I need you. I don't know what to do, nothing is working. It doesn't seem right."

"Ah the great leader is back," Levi called and waved at her, as did Kathie. She waved back and then walked off with Miles going over the scene that had been troubling him. Shihab walked behind them, talking on his phone.

Shutting down his phone, he joined them, placing a hand on her hip. He didn't care and needed to touch her all the time. She sought him out for suggestions. He knew her books inside and out, when he wasn't busy, he read all her new writings before editing.

He loved her raw material and asked all the right questions, challenging her mind. She trusted him one hundred per cent. If you couldn't trust the one you loved, who can you trust? She leaned up against him, looking up at him. It was always the same, every time they touched, she wanted so much more. His hand rubbed over her hip. He glanced at Miles, who was watching them closely.

"How long before we are done?"

"Just this last scene and I can't get it to work."

"Give everyone a break and we will discuss it in Andrea's tent." She couldn't help smiling. Her tent. Had been from day one. Miles already knew her real name, so let his slip go. They headed off towards the tent and disappeared inside.

"Okay, what is going on?" Miles asked as the opening flap fell into place. Grinning, Andie flashed her rings on her left hand. "You got married," he gasped, shocked, and then smiled. "Of course you did. Shihab had always been a quick mover when he had set his mind to something."

"Something? I am something now?" She complained.

Laughing Shihab pulled her up against him. "Ignore her," he kissed her temple. "You would always be my something."

"On the side," she laughed.

"Always," he chuckled, wrapping her in his arms. "Let's get this sorted so we can move on. I do have other commitments to be seen to and need to take my wife with me."

"Let's hash over this, Miles and me, and you do whatever you do," she suggested as his phone rang again. A constant occurrence. They went over the story so far, since she had been away.

With fresh eyes, she went out and watched what had already been filmed. Yes, something hadn't quite reached the mark. She talked to Levi and Kathie, seeing where they were coming from, and seeing the problem. They had lost the plot. She went back over their stories, now they had shared a bed in the desert, and the real world was closing in on both of them.