Chapter Thirteen

Shihab looked into the wastepaper basket confused, until he saw the cut-up cord in pieces that he picked up and let it fall through his fingers. He reached in, removed the adaptor and turned in his hand, reading the brand. 

Dell, he swore savagely. She actually thought he had cut up her cord. For what reason? He had no idea. Sometimes he had no idea how her mind worked. He fell into a chair as it hit him. She would never forgive him for this. The evidence was damning.

Deposing the basket onto the floor, he stood and strode over towards the bedroom, she had used, his heart sinking at the sight of the replacement power cord that he had flown in last night. One step forward, two steps back, no, more like one thousand steps back. Knowing how upset she had been about her laptop, and being unable to use it.

She needed to buy a new one with a longer battery life, without being plugged in all the time. He rang his connections, ordering the best, highest performing Dell on the market, fastest processor, huge amount gigabytes, and only the best for her. 

Thankfully she loved Windows 10 and also loved a big screen with a keyboard. She would get the top of the range, the latest model available, and several power cords, so she would have plenty of backups.

****

Andie trotted back to her room with her arms full, stopping at the sight of the blond heading her way, looking for another exit. Distracted by another, called by Miles. "Andie!" She swung around, heading towards him.

"Hi Miles, what can I do for you?" He came up to her and placed an arm around her shoulder, leading her away.

"We need to talk."

"About what?" She asked concerned.

"Some of those rewrite. It doesn't make sense."

Her eyes widened, relaxing. "Which ones?" She asked with interest. It was the same ones she guessed and hoped. Together they walked off, talking over the scenes. She was correct and passed on her idea that he liked, so rushed off to do the rewrites.

Once done, she sat down and began sorting out the pages into chapters. Adding post-it notes on the side of the page of a new chapter, off to the side, sticking out. She kept busy by reading over the chapters, marking mistakes with a red pen, and what needed to change.

A knock at the door had her up off the bed and answered. The last thing she expected when she open the door was Shihab, standing there, a cord dangling from his finger above her head. She looked at it longingly.

She needed that cord. There had to be a way around this. "How much?" Andie asked.

Shihab stared at her in disbelief. "Sorry, what do you mean, how much?" She pointed at the cord in his hand that she had left behind. "Why are you being so stubborn over this? You need the cord, and I replaced it. It won't break me, Andrea." 

He was sick to death of calling her Miss May. Not ever again, and she could glare at him, all she wanted, it wasn't going to change his mind.

She needed to learn, once his mind was made up, he doesn't change it. Like wanting to kiss those impossible thin lips. He wanted to hold her in his arms against him, until she melted against him, instead of this stiff-necked resistant, impossible, woman. 

"And let's make it very clear I did not cut up your power cord. I have no idea how it got there, but someone is out to cause trouble." There were niggles, but he had no proof. He wouldn't put anything past the woman. However, without proof, he couldn't do anything about it. There was no way she would admit to doing such a thing. "Be honest with yourself, why would I do something so petty and mean?"