Chapter Seventeen

Then they were back and dismounting from the camel, Shihab helped her down, so much more dignified than her mounting. She thanked her guide and was ready to head back towards her room.

Shihab grabbed her hand, stopping her departure. "Not so fast, my lady."

"It's so late, Shihab," she begged off.

He shook his head. "Not before we get this sorted between us."

She wetted her lips. "I thought we had things sorted."

He drew her closer to him, so they were almost touching, her body humming at his closeness and looked up, searching into his darkened hooded eyes that washed over her. Reaching up, he lightly traced fingers down the side of her face to her chin and under, tilting her face towards him as he lowered, guiding her even closer, her eyes resting on his inviting lips. 

"Not by a long shot and I want the air cleaned once and for all."

She drew in a sharp breath, shaking her head. "I don't know Shihab, you did accuse me of..." she gulped, still hurt by his accusations of being loose, which was so far from the truth. What a joke, she hadn't even... "It doesn't matter, we are so different and also live in different worlds and once this is over," she waved at the resort, "I would be going back home and you still be running a multi-billion dollar business, or whatever you do. See, I have no idea what you do, apart from being a producer for a company in your spare time."

He raked a hand through his hair. "Look, can't we discuss this somewhere more private than this courtyard?" Everyone else had moved on, back towards their rooms, while the animals were seen too, and walked away. 

She blinked at him in two minds as he led her away towards their rooms, in a different part of the resort that they walked through.

"Shihab!"

Cursing under his breath, he clutched at Andie's hand tightly, stopped and turned towards the fast-approaching blond. "Not now Carla I am busy."

She stopped in front of them, crossing her arms, and ran cold blue eyes over Andie, dismissing, although her eyes narrowed at the linked hands. Andie's fingers curled around Shihab tightly. "So I see, however, we do need to talk," she sniffed.

"No, we do not," Shihab corrected. "I will get in contact with you when I am ready or shall I organise a flight back to London for you?" He challenged, arching a brow. The blond pouted at him turned on her heels and clip-clapped away on the paved floors. "Impossible woman," he muttered under his breath.

"Shihab?" Andie started softly. He glared down, eyes darkening in a warning.

"Don't even think about it. I can't believe you could think I would be involved with that," he pointed behind him. "When I thought it was very clear I was interested in you." Colour flooded her cheeks.

"You do like spoiling me," she pointed out softly, chewing on her bottom lip.

"More like trying to woo you," he corrected. "Come," he edged her forward.

"Woo? That's a very old fashion word, Shihab," she couldn't stop smiling. "Were you?" She asked eyes widened in wonder, feeling all funny inside. She had thought he was just being nice to her, now this sounded something completely different. "I thought you were just trying to win me over for all this."

"I will admit I was at first, then I met the writer, and it all changed."

She swallowed hard. "It did?" She asked, dazed. "How?" Confused.

He took a deep breath. "That's your problem Andrea; you have no faith in yourself. You are a very beautiful woman, hiding away from the world." He smiled, taking her breath away. She loved his smile. "Actually in my favour since I have found you."