Chapter Three

"Ah, desserts," she said with glee as it was placed down in front of her. Her decadent Tiramisu in a glass of rich chocolate, cream and espresso-encrusted ladyfingers. She placed a possessive hand around it as she dug in with her spoon.

"I guess we don't share desserts?" He teased by the way she was protecting her dessert.

"No way. I promise to leave you alone, something's aren't meant to be shared." She peered across to his plate. Amaretti and chocolate custard, raspberry sauce and vanilla Chantilly, she was informed. "Oh, you got me at raspberry sauce," she laughed. "I might have my arm twisted if you try."

"We'll see after you finish that if you can handle anymore," he offered inclining his head towards her dessert. She glanced down to see it was three-quarters gone.

"No, I'm fine," she smiled digging in and finishing. Their coffee arrived with a platter of cheeses and fruits to be shared. "Coffee time, so down to business."

"No, just say yes Andrea, and we will deal with the rest of it on the plane."

"You just want me somewhere I can't escape," she teased, totally relaxed, savouring her cappuccino.

"So true."

"Okay, let's just go over the basics. How did you plan to pay me in a ballpark way and what do you expect from me? To do rewrites when needed or am I supposed to be on set every day?"

He leaned back, resting his arm on the back of the chair. "You've done this before."

"We do have to sign contracts."

"Ah, but you don't sign anything before you have finished a book."

"Because I can't guarantee a time done, it's the way I write. I can go for it like a bull in a china shop, and then just stop dead. I had to stop two book deals because it stressed me, and I cannot write under those situations."

"Now they will take whatever you produce," he stated.

"Have you been checking up on me?"

"That is the business side of me, however, makes no difference to me. I still want you. It is your book Andrea and I want to see it come alive on the big screen and do it justice. I want you to be involved in every part of it, choosing the actors, and so forth."

She glared at him in disbelief. "You've got to be kidding me. Isn't that what a director does?"

"Well, your input," he smiled. "My dear Andrea you know the characters better than anyone else."

"They grow on me," she had to smile. "There is no rule book, Shihab. A spark, an idea and go for it."

"However, it's inside of you Andrea."

She coughed. "Back to business."

He shifted, placing his hands around his cup though, didn't pick it up or touched it, lowering his eyes, and then looked across with those dark liquid silver eyes of his. "I would go with the salary," he advised.

"Oh, so I get paid if I work or not, on some days?" He pursed his lips, and she smiled. "Could be right. Depends on what is on offer. If one is paid by the hour, or break down the salary to find out what is the hourly rate that has to be compared."

"No one is going to pull the wool over your eyes Andrea."

"I learned the hard way. I have a lawyer friend, who goes over my contracts."

"Now that wouldn't be Alex?" He probed.

"What? Do you have a dossier on me? Should I be worried Mr. Stalker?" She teased, not feeling any kind of threat at all.