Chapter Twenty-Four

"Nothing, I was just clearing my head. There is too much atmosphere here; I'm all over the place."

"Then focus on me and her."

"Sorry?" Saleema asked, confused.

Andie dramatically sighed. "He is so in love with his redhead, who is giving him a hard time."

"What?" He gasped, shocked. "I don't get a blond."

"Not in this lifetime," she growled. "It's time I move you out into the desert and be the true desert prince that you are."

Confused Saleema glanced from one to the other. "Is it always like this?"

"Yes," they agreed in unison, then smiled, hugging each other.

"I want my share of fun. Shooting, fighting, and sexy belly dancing." She eyed him closely. "Okay, just the action," he sighed. "If you turned her into chestnut with hazel eyes then it wouldn't be a problem," he pointed out.

"Give me a break," she moaned. "I don't write that kind of story....," She broke off blushing. "Sorry, my queen. His fault," she pointed at him.

"Quite correct. Are you sure you didn't want to see me about something?"

"No, I am fine," she smiled and she was. "I needed to clear my mind, so went for a walk, and found you."

"Well, don't get lost, my love. All you have to do is ask for directions."

"That is one thing I am very good at, my love, is directions. I have never lost my way yet, especially now," she gave him a special smile. He was her way. His heart filled so much, he thought it was going to burst.

"Shall I go back with you?"

"No. I'm just enjoying the views," she smiled. "I'd leave you two alone."

Edging out of his hold, he was reluctant to let her go, watching as she disappeared out of sight, looking over all the details of the palace. She was in her element and loved it, just by her reaction to his apartment, now that was hers and had full reign to do as she wanted with it. 

"As you can see my wife is happy, sometimes I feel neglected; she can be tied up for days, weeks, months."

"Ah, her writing. So do you effort her schedule?"

"Often," he winced. "Andrea is used to living on her own, doing as she wants, however, has adopted, flexible with my schedule, when needed. She will do her duty and I give her the space to do what she does. We can be in the same rooms seeing to our own needs and still be connected." He smiled warmly. "It's just the way it is."

She nodded. "That is indeed very rare. You are contented?"

"Very much so."

"I am glad to hear that. What I was going to suggest was to give Princess Andrea a kitten from my new litter."

"I'm not so sure she would want a pure breed, too high maintenance." She arched a brow. "Up themselves, she said that not me, she wants a moggie, if she had a cat."

"Moggie?"

"Of mixed breeding."

Her eyes lit up. "Really, how delightful. Come with me."

The queen rushed off with excitement.

Shihab followed, intrigued. He knew about her pure breed Arabian Leopards that had free reign of the palace. A small section that had been turned over to the cats. Redesigned so they could never leave their home. They were deeply loved. His brother had a soft spot for them.