Chapter Nine

His master bedroom, where a shopping bag was waiting for her, on the biggest bed, she had ever seen. Inserted in a fabulous recessed wall with hanging Moroccan style lamps on each side of the bed, over built-in side tables. 

A dark brown leather sofa with wings perched at the end of the bed. A large Persian rug took up most of the room, over the marble floor. Across the room was another built-in desk nook with chairs, and open doors onto a private balcony with a table and chair set, next to a reset seating area and ottoman. 

It was bigger than her whole room.

She crossed over and peeked into the bag, gasping at the softest camel-coloured material that she removed, discovering the most divine silky breezy flowing tunic and matching harem-styled pants. She gathered it up against her cheek which felt wonderful against her skin. Quickly she stripped, where she was, and changed into the outfit, diving in to find a matching scarf that she placed over her hair, wrapping around her neck.

As if she would say no to this. She looked around for a mirror, finding none. Not wanting to invade his private space, she headed back out, after shoving her clothes into the bag and carried out with her.

Smiling, she twirled around, holding her arms out. "Ta-da! I love it," she tore across and threw her arms around his neck. "This is amazing, and we're going camel riding in this."

He lifted her easily off the floor. "It's all about comfort. Are you ready?" Looking deeply into his eyes that held hers so steady and intense, she nodded to be lowered back onto the ground. He went into his room, shortly returning wearing a headdress.  Taking her hand, he led her out and down to the lower grounds, weaving their way into one of the courtyards, where two camels were waiting, kneeling.

Eagerly, she climbed on board, with Shihab's help then climbed his own. She watched as he got the animal to stand. Her camel followed with a squeal of surprise from her. Even though she knew about the high dipping, nothing had prepared her for the sharp front dip. She was just glad the camel hadn't taken off with her scream, patting its long neck. 

"Now just follow him," she whispered, holding onto the reins from around the saddle. It was all true, the rolling movement of the beast of the desert, from side to side. And of course, Shihab had to look so at home, with his headdress, fully robed.

Another thing to tick off her list of things to be done in the Middle East. Her list was growing larger and larger. All because of the man in front of her, looking so magnificent on his camel. They left the roads and headed out into the desert. The clothes were perfect, keeping her cool. She even picked up speed, joining Shihab at his side. He glanced across and smiled, taking her breath away.

"Enjoying yourself?"

"Loving it!" She declared, raising both arms above her head. "My first camel ride. I gather you have had a few?"

"Yes, and even raced them."

Her eyes widened, her arms falling back down, claiming the reign again. "What? Really? When?"

"A long time ago Andrea, when I was young and reckless."

"You? Reckless? Never," she denied.

"Believe me I was." 

They rode for a bit longer then headed back, where the animals were taken care of. Shihab swept her away to enjoy a meal together and finally walked her back to her room, after collecting her belongings from his suite, reaching out to touch her hand, drawing her back to him. With his other hand, he reached up and touched her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Thank you for today," her voice trembled slightly. Her breath hitched as his dark head dipped and softly brushed her lips.

"I plan to share many more if you allow me to."