Chapter Twenty-Five

Zahir leaned back in his chair, waving him down. "Calm down, she came to me."

Shihab frowned, confused. "Why? Oh, she doesn't want you to pay a cent to that woman."

Saleema smiled, kissing her husband's cheek. "I'd leave this one to you," then went to Shihab, and squeezed his arm. "You are in good hands, she loves you so much." His expression softened. "So don't be angry with her for protecting and fighting for you."

"Never would, she is my wife."

"Yes," Saleema smiled, sharing a special look. They were best friends and connected. Then he faced his brother, who rolled closer to his desk as Saleema departed.

"You have a special woman there in Andrea. Sit down," Zahir waved Shihab down into a seat. He took the seat in front of the desk.

"What did she do?" He asked.

"I can't tell you." Shihab's eyes widened. "Because she asked me not to. However, it has nothing to do with our biggest problem. No matter what happens, you can keep your production company, even if exposed that you would have to wear on your own."

Shihab frowned. "You made it very clear it couldn't mix."

"Well, I was wrong. It was a part of our mother, so why should we deny her? However, I want one to have nothing to do with the other."

"Of course," he nodded. So she had come here on his behalf, not over Carla, and couldn't say a word. It seemed his wife had been a busy little beaver. Something he would have to get used by the looks of things.

He couldn't help feeling proud of her.  

****

Gripping the rails of the balcony high above the pool area, where Andrea was settled under shading, seated at a table, elbow on top, chin in a cupped hand, staring across the courtyard, lost in her world again. 

Yet, his eyes narrowing in, he spotted no pad nearby or computer. She hadn't written any words in days that concerned him. She lived and breathed writing. He had hoped she had gotten over Carla. 

Perhaps it was time to go back to London. She seemed more settled there.

He had hoped to spend more time here, but if it didn't make her happy, he had no other choice. Suddenly she stood, removed her overall, and wore her one piece. Instantly he reacted, shifting uncomfortably. 

She did it to him every time and watched as she walked to the edge of the pool, diving into the gleaming blue waters with grace and moving through the waters with ease. She had been very quiet over breakfast, playing with the food that she normally consumed down with appetite. Also had been on the quiet side towards him.

This doubting herself had to stop, but he wasn't getting through. He had thought he had, but now not so sure. He needed to take her away, just them. They never really had that honeymoon. The wedding, finish filming, then called here. There hadn't been any time.

"What are you doing here brother?" His brother asked, joining him. "Ah, I see," he smiled as his gaze lowered towards the pool.

Straightening Shihab turned, crossed his arms and leaned back against the balcony rail. "What do you want?"

"The test came back positive."

He nodded. "I gathered it would, either by accident or planned, she had to be to play this game. She would have known we would have checked."

"We can do a DNA test as well; however, there are risks to the unborn child."

Shihab shook his head. "We will wait it out. So what does she want?" He was letting his brother deal with it. They both agreed on it. Hashim's back in London.