Chapter 5 - New Rules (Not the song, dummy)

Karma's POV

'What's taking them so long?'

Nagisa seemed a bit worried for (Y/n) as well. He broke the weird atmosphere and said,"Oi Karma. Why are they in there for so long? What do you think they're talking about?"

"Honestly, I don't know. If this were a normal situation, i would have eavesdropped, but somehow, I don't feel like breaking (Y/n)-chan's trust."

Nagisa was silent for a few more moments, but then his face started to redden.

Nagisa's POV

After Karma told me that he didn't want to break (Y/n)'s trust, I got silent and thought of the various things she could speak to Asano about.

'Asano has just come here, so he probably doesn't know much about this world. Maybe she is telling him about this place and the common customs and rules of here. Or maybe her fan-girl side was somehow triggered and she is asking Asano about how it actually feels in Kunugigaoka. Asano must also be asking (Y/n) some questions. I wonder if she ever had her first kiss...

WHAT AM I THINKING!?

But still...they're taking too long. What if they are.....

NONONONONONO!!! GET THAT THOUGHT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!'

I could feel my cheeks heating up intensely, because of my most recent thought. I bet a thousand yen that my face is absolutely red right now.

Third person POV

Karma looked over at Nagisa's blushing state and raised an eyebrow. he then asked the bluenette, "Nagisa, why are you going all red?"

Nagisa turned his face towards Karma as his face took an even darker shade of red. "N-nothing Karma-K-kun. I was j-just thinking..."

"Just thinking what?"

"I-I was just th-thinking that those t-two are taking a bit too long to t-talk. W-what if they are...y-you know.....doing...s-something...."

Karma's facial expressions changed from relaxed to a bit curious and a slight pink dusted on his cheeks.

"(Y-y/n) isn't that kind of a girl. But I don't trust Asano. Maybe we should check up on them."

"I think you're right Karma."

Asano's POV

'(L/n)-san hugged me but I don't know whether I should hug her back or not. I guess it wouldn't hurt.'

I returned the hug to (L/n)-san. It was warm, something I haven't felt since long.

She...she does something to my heart. It is a really unfamiliar feeling for me. I don't know what it is but it feels good and frustrating at the same time.

Third person POV (again)

Karma and Nagisa burst into the kitchen without listening to whatever was going on inside. When they got in, their eyes were as wide as saucers because of the scene in front of them.

Asano and (Y/n) were hugging each other.

(Y/n) and Asano released each other from the embrace and faced the two new guys who had entered the kitchen.

At once a dark aura surrounded Nagisa and Karma. They shot burning glares at Asano. (Y/n) might have been dense, but she at least noticed the fact that there was a high chance of Asano being killed by the two 'assassins in training'.

The red-head and the blunette moved toward Asano at a quick speed preparing to blow a punch to either side of his face, but (Y/n) was faster.

She picked up two frying pans which were beside her and pushed Asano out of the way of the punches. She held up the pan at the predicted point of impact.