Chapter Two

Later that day when the family of three gathered for dinner, Marquis Hǔ was starting to sweat under the stare of his little princess. "Daughter...is there something on my face?"

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling shook her head. Earlier, when she was in the library, she had spotted a brown nameless book. However, the contents in the book had ended up to be a method cultivation, but written in Mandarin!

She was greatly surprised so she took the book back to her room for later reading.

In this world the language was different. Luckily the previous owner had known how to speak fluently so Hǔ Bái Ping Ling had no problem understanding anyone. When it came to text, naturally she had read the basics first until she saw the pattern. From then, reading became as easy as if she's reading Mandarin.

Lady Hǔ sat next to her daughter frowning. She'd left early, and the servants that she left with her little girl had been kicked out.

Then how did her daughter read? "Ping Ling, did you have any difficulty reading?" Seeing the guilt in her mother's eyes she understood the meaning. Reaching out her small hands to hold her mother's on top of the table, she gave a big smile, showing her missing teeth.

"Don't worry mother, Ping Ling is a big girl. I am able to read certain words. But can mother and father allow Ping Ling to have a tutor?" Hǔ Bái Ping Ling knew that in this world, the schools available are not for the brains but the muscles. There were influential schools that teach students about the arts of poison and medicine. These schools are highly respected.

So Hǔ Bái Ping Ling knew that if she wanted to learn what she wants, she needed a private tutor. Marquis and Lady Hǔ shared a glance. When they caught the familiar surprise and pride in their eyes. Marquis Hǔ instantly agreed to get Hǔ Bái Ping Ling a tutor right away.

Night.

Leaning back against her bedframe, Hǔ Bái Ping Ling flicked through the pages.

This language...does this mean that the author was also from where she was?! But...who was he or she? Why did this book not have the author name? Or any writing on the outside?!

The only reason Hǔ Bái Ping Ling had picked up this book in the first place was because it'd looked like one of the books she had seen at a bookstore in her previous life. Hence she became too excited and had took it off the shelf. Only to realise soon after the contents in the book was entirely different, but what had surprised her was the language!

What kind of cultivation book was this?

In her previous life, she had never cultivated before. Rather she did not believe in magical abilities. However, since she arrived she saw people flying on swords and even her mother could bring a dull, dead plant back to flourish! All because of magic and qi!

Therefore, she became very interested in magic and qi. Looking through the content Hǔ Bái Ping Ling understood one thing. This seemed to be the first volume of the cultivation technique. Ah, how was she suppose to advance with just one volume?!

Sighing she flipped through the book. Following the instructions she easily took up the meditation pose and began to follow the instructions step by step. Not long after Hǔ Bái Ping Ling entered a deep meditated state.

Ah, are these the colours the book had said she should've seen? Swirls of multicoloured lights swirled around her.

Spreading out her conscious she attracted the multiple lights into her body.